SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#332070 - 09/29/11 11:33 PM No Big Hit Threads on SZ
Tony Hughes Offline

What’s wrong!

I have never seen SZ so quiet; we used to have threads with over 100 replies, buzzing , is it the vacation season in USA, it’s all doom and gloom, new boards out recently and no brick bats flying, I don’t think anyone’s got any money to buy new KB. There isn't 50 replies on SZ front page.

Regards

Tony

Edited by Tony Hughes (09/29/11 11:35 PM)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#332348 - 10/07/11 04:49 PM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
That's a pretty good observation, Tony. I agree, we all seem preoccupied with other things right now... hopefully, as Autumn settles in and morphs into Winter, we will all have more "indoor" time for SZ and this particular forum.

It is nice to see so much civility though. I can remember when this was the site for drama and harshness... LOL!

Best regards,

Dave

#332351 - 10/07/11 09:30 PM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Riceroni9]
Tony Hughes Offline

Ho Happy days Dave.

And your last comment is spot on, nice to be civil and not need to go explosive any more. Still no new gear on the market to have a pop at, the Wing is airbourne flying somewhere, maybe not too high. There are no KB except the T4 breaking sales records, not many folks with spare cash for luxury goods like Kbs.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#332354 - 10/08/11 12:21 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bachus Offline

Then lets create a big hit thread....

It needs to be something new and something fresh but also allowing people to have different opinions about it...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#332355 - 10/08/11 12:39 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Bachus]
Tony Hughes Offline

I will leave it up to you

Tony

#332361 - 10/08/11 01:29 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Korg PA3X outsold T4 by a mile at the Pakefield Lowestoft keyboard festival last month...

Edited by RMepstead (10/08/11 01:31 AM)

#332362 - 10/08/11 01:42 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: RMepstead]
Tony Hughes Offline

Never in the manner of man amd only in Korgs dreams!

But I must say a nice try, hey and more UK SZ users.

Did you buy one Roger?

Tony

#332363 - 10/08/11 01:42 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
And the Wing is selling faster than Music Store can import them, hence the traffic lights go from 3 green to 2 yellow and 1 green on the stock levels. Music Store expected about 10 – 15 sales of the Wing from its launch in April till the end of the year, however by the end of August they were already 120 units sold)

The main thing Yamaha at Pakefield was theTRX system (As it was being heavily pushed) rather than the T4, and like the PA3x and the Wing was selling well.

Bill

#332364 - 10/08/11 01:43 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: RMepstead]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: RMepstead
Korg PA3X outsold T4 by a mile at the Pakefield Lowestoft keyboard festival last month...

MAybe because everyone that ever wanted a T4 allready owned one?

#332365 - 10/08/11 01:45 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
And the Wing is selling faster than Music Store can import them, hence the traffic lights go from 3 green to 2 yellow and 1 green on the stock levels. Music Store expected about 10 – 15 sales of the Wing from its launch in April till the end of the year, however by the end of August they were already 120 units sold)

The main thing Yamaha at Pakefield was theTRX system (As it was being heavily pushed) rather than the T4, and like the PA3x and the Wing was selling well.

Bill

Can you imagine how many wings they would sell if they added an expansion for all features of a full fledged OAS instrument at a reasonable price....

#332369 - 10/08/11 02:47 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Bachus]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have moved to a Korg Pa800 and it is difficult understand why this keyboard has not been discussed in length. Korg does not have the style availability of styles as Yamaha and Yamaha Support system is excellent but from there Korg goes straight up.

I have owned 5 Yamaha keyboards right up to the Tyros3 and just about every Technics keyboard they made and I must say Pa800 goes beyond, its fantastic.

The song book on a Pa800 goes far beyond Yamaha’s Music Finder, and so does the sequencer. As player my desire was to have 4 instruments and 4 pads of my choice when I select a style. As I work with this keyboard it seems to know what I am trying to do, it does not default to an area I don’t want, it stays and offers the next step I am looking for.

I can’t imagine what this keyboard could do in the hands of a Scott Yee – the options are fantastic.

I am new to this instrument and I am not doing a great job in explaining, so I’ll leave the rest up to the pros who own the Korgs.

John C.

PS< I'm predicting that my friend Roger will own a Korg in the near future. (smile0

#332371 - 10/08/11 06:52 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Tony Hughes]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I was there but I didn't buy one Tony because I don't have £3000+ to spare and I'm not part-ex'ing my Technics KN7000 ever. Korg were part-ex'ing Tyros models like mad though and I can see why...
You were there too Bill (Abacus) - we must say hello next time...

#332373 - 10/08/11 07:41 AM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: Bachus]
zuki Offline

I agree. Saving my money to move to the 3x. Problem is having the luxury of 2 boards (backup, etc) makes for a very expensive purchase.

Edited by zuki (10/08/11 07:41 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#332381 - 10/08/11 04:00 PM Re: No Big Hit Threads on SZ [Re: bruno123]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: bruno123
I have moved to a Korg Pa800 and it is difficult understand why this keyboard has not been discussed in length. Korg does not have the style availability of styles as Yamaha and Yamaha Support system is excellent but from there Korg goes straight up.

I have owned 5 Yamaha keyboards right up to the Tyros3 and just about every Technics keyboard they made and I must say Pa800 goes beyond, its fantastic.

The song book on a Pa800 goes far beyond Yamaha’s Music Finder, and so does the sequencer. As player my desire was to have 4 instruments and 4 pads of my choice when I select a style. As I work with this keyboard it seems to know what I am trying to do, it does not default to an area I don’t want, it stays and offers the next step I am looking for.

I can’t imagine what this keyboard could do in the hands of a Scott Yee – the options are fantastic.

I am new to this instrument and I am not doing a great job in explaining, so I’ll leave the rest up to the pros who own the Korgs.

John C.

PS< I'm predicting that my friend Roger will own a Korg in the near future. (smile0

Bruno,

I share with you the same opinions about the PA800.
I owned before a PA800 and now I feel so stupid that one day have the great idea to sell it. I miss it dearly. In my opinion the PA800 is one of the best arranger ever made.
Good things are reported about the PA3x. Hopefully, I will own one some day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online