SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#332046 - 09/29/11 09:15 AM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: philip2000]
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Why not PA3X on the list? I think its better then any of them.

Ketron:
1. Yes it is, as for the Technics MIDI Routing i dont know nothing.
2. I dont think the Audya 5 has any problems left, at least major.
3. The difference is that the Audya 5 was rebuilt and redesigned
from scratch in an SD5 body i think, it was more stable then the 76
and at some point at the begining they even had slightly different ROM.
4. No, Audya has no Arpegiator.

#332047 - 09/29/11 09:44 AM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: Nedim]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nedim
Why not PA3X on the list?

Lots of info on Korg PA3X here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php

Ian

#332048 - 09/29/11 10:02 AM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: philip2000]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Did anyone ever confirm the styles we heard on the latest demo were actually part of the factory styles or were they extra add-ons for a price?
Deane

#332057 - 09/29/11 05:45 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: hammer]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Part of the keyboard factory styles

#332061 - 09/29/11 07:55 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: rikkisbears]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears

When I went to buy my Korg PA3X, they had a single speaker attached which looked more like a guitar amp.

http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa3x/pa3x-informations.html

Hi Rikki.....I went to the above link and listened to the "sounds." I was very UN-impressed with the violin, strings, musette accordion, and trombone. They sounded flat...limp......empty. You DID say it depends on what you're listening through. Does it sound better "live?"

Also, when I listened to the PA2X I thought the styles were good but too "busy." They sound great the first time around, but soon get tiring to hear (because they're so "busy). In an arranger KB, you tend to have to play around the styles somewhat. I'm afraid I'd (and the audience)soon tire of each styles complexity.

What do YOU think?

I've ruled out the Tyros. The other member's description of it as being too "vanilla" was the perfect description.

#332066 - 09/29/11 11:13 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: Mark79100]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Mark,
sorry, I wasn't pointing out the demo's, I was pointing out the manuals.
I'm not a big fan of their demo's. Sound is subjective, you'd really need to listen to it live.
The PA3X does sound better than my PA800 when played thru same speaker system & playinging identical style. Styles better balanced or something.
With some of my old PA800 styles, if they were too busy, I'd mute a track , or the odd one( some were up to 16 bars long) I'd shorten the variation to 4 bars ( simply done.)
Bear in mind, I enjoy editing styles etc for me it's the onboard functions & what I can do, as much as anything.

I'm not a performer. You really need to play one to see if the styles would suit the music you play. If I can't find an onboard style that suits, I either edit or convert one.

For me the PA3X, has everything I could want. It now has 4 variations instead 2, which makes the fills smoother. It has a great Pad system. It's got a sampler. Works well as a keyboard controller. I can set it up to suit me etc etc.

Our needs are probably quite different, for me it's just the perfect keyboard. haahaa. I've had nearly all the major brands over many years, Technics, Roland ,Yamaha, Ketron & Korg.
Originally Posted By: Mark79100

Hi Rikki.....I went to the above link and listened to the "sounds." I was very UN-impressed with the violin, strings, musette accordion, and trombone. They sounded flat...limp......empty. You DID say it depends on what you're listening through. Does it sound better "live?"

Also, when I listened to the PA2X I thought the styles were good but too "busy." They sound great the first time around, but soon get tiring to hear (because they're so "busy). In an arranger KB, you tend to have to play around the styles somewhat. I'm afraid I'd (and the audience)soon tire of each styles complexity.

What do YOU think?

I've ruled out the Tyros. The other member's description of it as being too "vanilla" was the perfect description.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#332097 - 09/30/11 01:11 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: philip2000]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Here’s how I see it. The Tyros 4 is like the responsible girl (or boy) friend that you could take home to meet your parents. She has her act together and you know your mom will approve. She is very pretty but not really sexy. The Ketron Audya,on the other hand is like the girl with the “reputation”. Maybe your mom has heard about her. You know the type: very sexy, she turns heads wherever she goes. People talk about her. She does things her way and doesn’t give a damn what people say about her. You know she’s a “bad” girl but there’s something so alluring about her.
So do you want the sensible girlfriend with her act together or a girlfriend with a bit of an edge to her?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#332099 - 09/30/11 02:00 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: philip2000]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Like the song says, I like em a little on the trashy side.

#332100 - 09/30/11 02:27 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: Bernie9]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Yeah, yeah, trashy.
John C.

PS, Most of the time something that is so correct (CD style)
does become boring. Most of the new acustic instruments that are now being made have improved in many areas but they have lost the heart, the warmth.

John C.

#332101 - 09/30/11 02:28 PM Re: I am torn so advice appreciated [Re: philip2000]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When you're my age you just want a girlfriend with big hooters--now if I could only remember WHY? wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online