SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331935 - 09/26/11 12:50 AM Bose.....again
GammaCm Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Sorry guys, may be smb consider me as fool, but I've read all topics here related to Bose and can not make the proper opinion: is Bose the best thing for my Tyros 2 or it is not?
The money is no problem - please advise the best solution (L1+L1+bass module for example or smth else).
The problem is I can not connect my keyboard here (in Moscow, Russia) to Bose in their showroom because they are have not L1 in stock, just for prepayment.
Nowadays I use Dynacord here, but it is weight to much....

Thanks in advance,

Ian

#331943 - 09/26/11 04:45 AM Re: Bose.....again [Re: GammaCm]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have a Tyros 2 as well. I played with one Bose Compact for a year and was never quite happy until I got the second one.

I guess it all depends on the type music, venues, and how much volume you need. I think the Bose are a great for moderate volumes. If you need to put out super-crazzy-ear spiting-chest pounding volume, maybe consider something else.

Good luck!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#331954 - 09/26/11 08:18 AM Re: Bose.....again [Re: montunoman]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: montunoman
I have a Tyros 2 as well. I played with one Bose Compact for a year and was never quite happy until I got the second one.

Good luck!

I experienced much the same as you. I tried using a single Bose L1 with a Yamaha PSR-S900, and the sound wasn't quite up to my standards...I used two in stereo, and found it drastically improved the sound, and also improved the mid-range, which I had found rather weak when using only one (mono).

Using two speakers in stereo, regardless of brand/type, is a must with Yamaha arrangers, because (and it is a well known issue) they do not collapse well to mono.

And yes, Bose are very good for moderate volumes, but fall a bit short for the heavier stuff.

Ian

#331961 - 09/26/11 10:08 AM Re: Bose.....again [Re: ianmcnll]
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
I got a L1-model 2 with two B1 base bins from a friend to try before I made a purchase. I put my Audya five through it with vocals going into the tone-match and the sound was some of the best I have ever heard and so I disconected the tone-match and used my midas venice mixer and the sound even improved to a completely new level. the low end was more than enough for most all small to medium size rooms, plus if you want a little more all you need to do is add a powered sub like a k-sub or what ever you prefer. If money is not an issue the bose is a great choice. I don't think the compact is enough imo. I didn't go with the Bose cause I want to go stereo and the price for two complete L1's was more than I could pay so I bought two QSC KW 12's and I Put them right up there with the best and I got them for $1800.00 out the door. The weight on the QSC's is 47 lbs, not bad for the huge sound the put out. I hope this helps.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#331963 - 09/26/11 10:31 AM Re: Bose.....again [Re: GammaCm]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ian,

I'm not sure how Bose systems are marketed in Russia, however, in most other nations they have a fantastic return policy. If you do not like what you hear, you have 45-days to return the system for a full refund--no questions asked. You may want to check into that policy and see if it is in effect in Russia.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#331968 - 09/26/11 09:04 PM Re: Bose.....again [Re: travlin'easy]
GammaCm Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Thank you very much, guys, for your help.
Concerning stereo for Yamaha (or some other KB) - it's clear for me from my childhood smile
As for full refund - I will ask dealers, not sure that all dealers are official representatives but will try to find one.
And of course will continue trying to find Bose here for listening by myself.

Best regards,

Ian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online