SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331719 - 09/20/11 12:44 AM Pegasus Wing Options
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
This is a transfer from the Keyboard Review thread on the General Arranger Forum, so as to stop the original topic drifting off.

Hi Bachus

Currently available software options for the Wing are:

World of Synthesizer Sound pack

Classical Sounds Sound pack

Theatre Sounds Sound pack

Grand Pianos Sound pack

World of Organs Sound pack

Franz Lambert, Klaus Wunderlich and James Last Sound packs should be in the pipeline, as will be more updates to add more & new features.

Work Styles, Basic OAA (Including Tyros style play) & Studio Drums are standard on the Wing.

The rest of the options you see on the Wersi sites are not available to the Wings OS.

More details on the Music Store http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/GBP/WelcomePage type Wersi into the search box.

Hope this clears up the confusion

Bill

#331887 - 09/24/11 03:21 PM Re: Pegasus Wing Options [Re: abacus]
rhythmdigitalx Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Dear SynthZone members,

I just wanted to give some info about the new Pegasus Wing.

The Pegasus Wing is not a replacement for the Wersi Abacus. The Abacus is the flagship keyboard of the OpenArt-System 7. A new Abacus model is available and will be presented to the UK next year.

The Pegasus Wing is a new arranger keyboard from Wersi aimed at allowing people who want to simply sit and play right out of the box the means to do so.

So simply put, the Pegasus Wing runs under the newly developed OpenArt-System. The Pegasus Wing does feature all sounds, styles and Realdrums from the OAS 7 line, but features a totally new, easier to use ( and stylish ) user interface.

It also features improved master outputs for crystal clear sound, high end features such as a DVD burner, 10" touch screen, SSD and dual USB ports (and a full range of pc connections).

So, the Pegasus Wing isn't a replacement for the Abacus KS-1, but the head of a new co-existing keyboard and organ product line.

The truth is, we also wanted to make the Wersi sounds available (and also an instrument that grows in development and spec as time goes on) to a wider Market. With the economic downturn, I think that the pricing and spec of the Pegasus Wing is just and has already allowed many new people access to owning their own Wersi and to have the sounds they have wanted and heard on CDs for some time.

I feel quite proud of our new arranger keyboard. It is one of the easiest, stylish boards that we have ever made... And with the customers wish lists at the centre of the development.

Of course the Pegasus Wing can be expanded with the code activated expansions and more will be added. Also we've just released the V2 operating system that is absaloutely free and adds new functionality / options for Pegasus Wing customers.

I hope this info helps to give clarity to any confusion between the Abacus and Pegasus.

Edited by rhythmdigitalx (09/24/11 03:24 PM)
Korg OASYS
Korg Triton

#331907 - 09/25/11 02:55 AM Re: Pegasus Wing Options [Re: abacus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Thanks for the info.

So "play stright out of the box" means play as it is, but not any editing options?
As far as I can see of the specs available, it's not possible to edit onboard styles to personal taste or create new styles from scratch using Wing?
Is it any plans of add that feature or additional PC software to do such tasks?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#331910 - 09/25/11 05:44 AM Re: Pegasus Wing Options [Re: abacus]
rhythmdigitalx Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi, yes there is a pc software that allows you to both edit and compose styles.

As time goes on, Wersi will add new features into the wing based upon the customers requests and financial viability. So, if enough people request it, then it is possible to develop it.

I hope this helps.

By the way, there are sound controls on the Pegasus Wing. Manu elements can be programmed, just in a basic, easy to use manner.
Korg OASYS
Korg Triton

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online