SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331673 - 09/18/11 10:08 AM Fran - Questions on Mixcraft 5
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Fran, I have just downloaded a demo of Mixcraft 5 and it does look pretty good.

Have you tried using a software based vocal harmonizer such as Antares or MuVoice, etc.? How well does it work?

I haven't been successful in attaching a VST Instrument, e.g., Kontakt, etc. other than those which come with Mixcraft. It sees all the VST effects on my C: Drive but not the instruments.

Would you really need something as complex as Mixcraft when you already have Sonar X1? To me forte looks more like just a rack to mount instruments and effects. What is your assessment on this?

Thank you

Frank

#331728 - 09/20/11 05:54 AM Re: Fran - Questions on Mixcraft 5 [Re: Frank L. Rosenthal]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Frank L. Rosenthal
Fran, I have just downloaded a demo of Mixcraft 5 and it does look pretty good.

Have you tried using a software based vocal harmonizer such as Antares or MuVoice, etc.? How well does it work?

I haven't been successful in attaching a VST Instrument, e.g., Kontakt, etc. other than those which come with Mixcraft. It sees all the VST effects on my C: Drive but not the instruments.

Would you really need something as complex as Mixcraft when you already have Sonar X1? To me forte looks more like just a rack to mount instruments and effects. What is your assessment on this?

Thank you

Frank

Frank, I have tried the harmony software on my laptop, but not with MixCraft5..

I have no problem locating or using my VST's like B4, FM8 etc, and always use the VST effects...

Test it for a while , and let me know your results....I think it is the best bang for the buck in software..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online