SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#331679 - 09/18/11 06:47 PM Question on syncing video & audio
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I'm thinking about adding some video to my web site. I can't hook up my sound direct to my videocam. I'm wondering if there is a good program, hopefully free, that I can line up the video and my direct recording from my T4 HD and then delete the audio picked up by the mic.

Any ideas on this subject appreciated.

Scott

#331688 - 09/19/11 05:08 AM Re: Question on syncing video & audio [Re: Scott Langholff]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Can windows movie maker do this? It is sometimes surprisingly useful, although I've no idea whether it can output in a format that suits your web page. I think VirtualDub can do this as well but it is very techie in it's approach.

If you decide you want to spend money I'm a fully paid up member of the Sony Vegas Platinum fan club, it isn't the cheapest but it absolutely does what you want and is rock solid.

#331699 - 09/19/11 11:01 AM Re: Question on syncing video & audio [Re: MacAllcock]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Scott

John is right, Windows Movie Maker should do everything you want, (I use it at home, and also at work to upload to YouTube and websites) and you will only need more sophisticated (Paid for) software if you want to go in-depth.

Hope this helps

Bill

#331711 - 09/19/11 06:04 PM Re: Question on syncing video & audio [Re: Scott Langholff]
truberto Offline

Loc: Goodyear, AZ, USA
Scott... not sure what video editing program you use, but if it's Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or Vegas Pro, then you'll want PluralEyes - great program. More info at http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html.

Good luck,
Tom

#331799 - 09/22/11 03:54 AM Re: Question on syncing video & audio [Re: Scott Langholff]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Just ordered last years version of Vegas Platinum (10) for £12.99 at http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=111205

I'd hope you could get a similar price in the States, I don't know if 7dayshop can supply to you direct.

For info, I'm currently using version 8.

#331860 - 09/23/11 10:18 PM Re: Question on syncing video & audio [Re: MacAllcock]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Thanx for the info

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online