SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#331678 - 09/18/11 06:19 PM Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Hello everyone,
Here is a request tune, featuring “Something’s Coming” and “Tonight” from WestSide Story, composed by Leonard Bernstein, played on Yamaha Tyros4. Dedicated to Scott Yee. I hope you enjoy, and thanks for watching it. Regards, Telmo.

#331680 - 09/18/11 08:11 PM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: Telmo]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Telmo,

Wow, these songs are beautifully orchestrated & performed, and I'm deeply moved that you dedicated this performance to me the way you did.
I especially love your fresh uniquely Telmo-ish approach to these wonderful Bernstein masterpieces.
Your choice styles starting out with the Western front approach with a jazzy air is so cool.
Your arrangement with beautiful inner voicings raise "Tonight" to a new heightened sense.
I realize that these are amazingly impressive custom styles you created.
Did you create them from scratch or were they transformed from existing Yamaha styles?
Last but not least, I love the shots of the beautiful women you included in your presentation.

Muito obrigado vocę, meu amigo

Scott cool

#331682 - 09/18/11 10:40 PM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: Scottyee]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
Telmo, thank you. A very moving performance. I am amazed, again, by your orchestration/arrangement abilities. You are the master and in the hands of the master the Tyros4 is transformed.
very best regards, chuck

#331683 - 09/18/11 11:58 PM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: tyroschuck]
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Great entertainment, thank you very much.
Keith

#331684 - 09/19/11 03:53 AM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: Telmo]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
That was fantastic Telmo. Loved the video production and playing.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#331741 - 09/20/11 09:52 AM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: Telmo]
Beakybird Offline

That was really well done! You really brought out the beauty of the melody in Tonight. The graphics looked very professional and were gripping.

#331756 - 09/20/11 04:59 PM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: Beakybird]
Telmo Offline

Hi SCOTT, thank you, I'm glad you liked it. Now, regarding your question:
Quote:
Did you create them from scratch or were they transformed from existing Yamaha styles?

Most of the time I take an existing factory or premium style and make a few changes, tweak them a little bit to be more suitable to the tune I'm playing. Besides that, I rely a lot on the multipads for melody lines.
Chuck, thank you very much for your kind words and high remarks. All the best.
KEITH, MONTUNOMAN, BEAKYBIRD, Thank you all for the kind words and compliments. Thanks also all the others who spent time watching. Happy playing. Telmo.

#331901 - 09/25/11 12:31 AM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: Telmo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
A very enjoyable performance. Thanks so very much.

#331911 - 09/25/11 05:56 AM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: Telmo]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Incredible mastery of an marvelous keyboard combined with musicianship that is second to none.

Thanks again, Telmo,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#331970 - 09/27/11 01:37 AM Re: Something’s Coming, Tonight,…Tyros4 ..to Scott Yee [Re: Telmo]
Telmo Offline

Hi NIGEL and GARY,
Thank you very much for the kind words and positive comments. I'm glad you liked it. Best regards, Telmo. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online