SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#331571 - 09/14/11 05:04 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Stephenm52]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hey Steve, like minds think alike. I was also looking at the xClip with the Gooseneck attachment. I think this is what Graham uses according to his photos.

Do you find it holds the iPad securely?

Hope all is well; long time no talk!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#331572 - 09/14/11 05:25 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: kbrkr]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Hey Steve, like minds think alike. I was also looking at the xClip with the Gooseneck attachment. I think this is what Graham uses according to his photos.

Do you find it holds the iPad securely?

Hope all is well; long time no talk!

Al, The set up I bought is the same one Graham uses , no pun intended grin but for me it's "the goose that laid the golden egg". It does hold the iPad securely.

I've been out of circulation for last few months, lots of life transitions have been keeping me busy and have less free time than I would like. Hope life is treating you well in Tampa!

#331574 - 09/14/11 06:38 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Stephenm52]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
As usual Steven, you and I think alike (scary for you :-)). I often pop the iPad out and stand and speak using the iPad for my notes, either holding it in my hand or resting it on a podium or music stand. It is easy, and then when I'm done I sit down at the keyboard, pop it back in and I'm off playing and singing again.

#331575 - 09/14/11 07:15 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Stephen

Thanks for the Xclip tip. To me this is the perfect solution.
It's made for a mic stand, so it can be height adjusted, along with easy and fast angle position. And at less than $40 the price is right. I can see why it's slightly more convenient that the iclip

Note that Xclip has two different models for both the iPad and iPad2 and the 13" gooseneck clip is a $7 extra

Good find. I've added the Xclip link to go along with your iclip link.

(I'm Still looking for a universal holder that can be ajusted to fit any and all e-readers.)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#331579 - 09/14/11 09:16 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: lahawk]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Larry,

I'm not a guitar player, but I often wondered how that configuration works if your playing guitar and your singing 1 inch away from the Microphone and have to look down to see Chords/Lyrics on the iPad. with the iPad being so close to your body can you actually see it?

Steve: Life Transitions? Yikes that sounds either exciting or scary. I hope everything is for the better. Life is good down here in the Sunshine state. Can't say I miss NY that much. I guess your plans to come down are still on hold. Are you at least still gigging?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#331585 - 09/14/11 12:05 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: kbrkr]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Larry,

Steve: Life Transitions? Yikes that sounds either exciting or scary. I hope everything is for the better. Life is good down here in the Sunshine state. Can't say I miss NY that much. I guess your plans to come down are still on hold. Are you at least still gigging?

Al, I'm still gigging but cut back a little and all I can say the last 6 months have been one helluva ride!! Check your e-mail.

Larry, glad to have given you valuable feedback.

#331589 - 09/14/11 05:26 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Larry,

Al, I'm still gigging but cut back a little and all I can say the last 6 months have been one helluva ride!! Check your e-mail.

Larry, glad to have given you valuable feedback.

Steve ... nice to know you are still 'lurking' about ... hope things are going well for you and Deb ...
t.

#331592 - 09/14/11 07:57 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: kbrkr]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Larry,
I'm not a guitar player, but I often wondered how that configuration works if your playing guitar and your singing 1 inch away from the Microphone and have to look down to see Chords/Lyrics on the iPad. with the iPad being so close to your body can you actually see it?

Al, very good point, and after re-evaluating, you're correct, the mic and ipad appear to be too close together.

Perhaps that's where the available 13" gooseneck would be helpful?

Or maybe the iKlip is a better ipad holder for use with a boom mic as shown below:

Something to think about, depending on how you like your setup to be.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#331594 - 09/15/11 04:04 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: kbrkr]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Larry,

I'm not a guitar player, but I often wondered how that configuration works if your playing guitar and your singing 1 inch away from the Microphone and have to look down to see Chords/Lyrics on the iPad. with the iPad being so close to your body can you actually see it?...

Most guitar players are not going to use a stand with no offset. You need room between the vertical part of the stand and you and the guitar. You have to use a boom mic stand or a gooseneck extension or something that accomplishes that. If I were to use a mic stand with no offset, I would be leaning in to sing and would not last many songs without back strain.

As for your question, I have a similar concern and that is to reduce the amount of real estate of my body and guitar that an Ipad would block from the audience. Not good, visually. I envision that you could use an even smaller device than the Ipad if it were clamped closer to you. Think about a trumpet player in a marching band with the music stand about a foot away from his eyes. A happy medium might be possible. With a smaller device. Or maybe an Ipad will work. It would be angled down a bit, so, that lessens the amount of space it blocks from the audience's perspective, effectively, reducing the width of the Ipad.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online