SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#331211 - 09/03/11 04:51 PM Re: What generates jobs...talent, persistence or luck? [Re: captain Russ]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Concerning the line, "Even a blind pig finds a few acorns".

Tom

Tom

#331218 - 09/03/11 06:58 PM Re: What generates jobs...talent, persistence or luck? [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Tom,

Sorry I didn't call you back after the hurricane passed through, but I've been sailing nearly every day since then. And, for some strange reason I couldn't find your telephone number in my Rolodex. At any rate, I'm still alive and kicking, the boat is fine, the sailing has been great, and if you ever get back to this part of the world I'll be more than happy to take you and your lovely wife out on the Chesapeake.

Keep in touch, and thanks for thinking about me,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#331219 - 09/03/11 07:07 PM Re: What generates jobs...talent, persistence or luck? [Re: captain Russ]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Hey Gary, no problem. I'm just glad everything is ok in Garyland. You know you have a standing invitation to come my way too. You could hit 4 of the 5 great lakes by sailing here.

Tom

Tom

#331258 - 09/05/11 08:10 AM Re: What generates jobs...talent, persistence or luck? [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Not this year, Tom--it's too late in the season. The trip works out to about 3,300 miles each way, which would take about two months of sailing just to get there, and that's if the weather cooperates. Keep in mind that sailboats are slow, with an average speed of just 5 knots. At my age, though, I don't want anything fast. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online