SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#331368 - 09/07/11 11:57 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: eddiefromrotherham]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Scott, Freehand Systems are out of the MPP business apart from support, I believe.

#331379 - 09/07/11 03:47 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: PraiseTheLord]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Best wishes Eddie on your project. Be sure to post a photo or url if you have a problem (like me) when you have it installed.

#331383 - 09/07/11 05:45 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
How do you see the keyboard screen?
Hi ScottL: smile
When I'm actually performing a song I 'don't need' to see the Tyros 4 screen. The song's settings are already stored conveniently in registration, or stored in music finder and called via OTS 1-4 buttons. All auto acomp arranger buttons are also freely accessible without needing to see the LCD screen. When I finish performing a song, I simply lift the lightweight iPad off the stand (with one hand cool ) and set it to the side next to me, to reveal the Tyros 4 screen to navigate and call up the next song stored in reg or MusicFinder, and even while the wire stand remains sitting on the Tyros 4, as it doesn't much block the kb screen's view-ability.

I think the only way I could use a ipad is it would have to be really close to my face because of the small size. Isn't that a problem?
With the iPad situated in front closer than even the Tyros 4 LCD screen, I have no problem whatsoever viewing lyrics & chords, or lead sheet style charts because it's at a distance much closer than even a paper leadhseet chart on a traditional music stand would be, which imho makes up for it's smaller than 8-1/2 x 11 inch screen size. The iPad's super BRIGHT and Sharp display also helps compensate for it's smaller screen size as well, to make it imo, the idea music display device especially for a Yamaha Tyros keyboard, as it's dimensions are so close to the the size of the full Tyros 4 display screen to appear integrated with the keyboard onstage.

I had seen on another forum some time back there is an ipad brace holder that the ipad snaps into. It will fit on a mic type stand. Then you could see the keyboard screen and the ipad at the same time.
This setup is similar to what I had when I used the MusicPad Pro unit. The problem with this approach is the classic "music stand" becoming an audience distraction. With the smaller lightweight iPad situated in 'front' of the the Tyros 4 tilt screen, it's very easy to see yet never becomes a distraction between you and the audience.

Ok, here are the reasons I opted (when performing on my Tyros 4) to go with the KISS (keep it simple approach) wire screen :

1. Setup Simplicity
2. Ease of operation
3. Lightweight portability
4. Idea screen size for minimal stage distraction
5. Cheap (under $5 & rugged too)

JMO of course.

ScottY smile

#331391 - 09/08/11 02:05 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Thanx Scott for the good answers/review.

#331431 - 09/09/11 11:16 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: PraiseTheLord]
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
Best wishes Eddie on your project. Be sure to post a photo or url if you have a problem (like me) when you have it installed.

I have an immediate problem frown

The new 2 tier stand I ordered came yesterday......unfortunately, I hadn't realised that it is a single-X model, not double-X.
which means it is sooo unstable, in fact it rocks! (not quite like I do)
So I look like reverting to PlanB..don't know what that is yet .

#331432 - 09/09/11 11:22 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: eddiefromrotherham]
Tony Hughes Offline

Eddie,

I've got some old plates.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#331440 - 09/09/11 02:34 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I've been using the iPad app "UnRealBook" for a few weeks right now. It is GREAT! You can use it to control the sheet music on other "slave" ipads -- so its great for a band leader.

#331450 - 09/10/11 12:53 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Tony Hughes]
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Eddie,

I've got some old plates.

Tony

grin Thanks Tony . I already tried some !
They don't work....
cheers

#331565 - 09/13/11 07:18 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Tony Hughes]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL

Has anyone purchased this Elastik iPad Holder yet?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#331570 - 09/14/11 02:37 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: kbrkr]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Al,
Last year I purchased the iKlip

It was a decent solution. I just picked up the the xClip with the goose neck extension. It is a much better solution. I like that the iPad can be placed and removed from the holder much easier than than the iKlip. I did look at the Elastick last year, but decided against it in favor of the iKlip.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online