SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#331176 - 09/02/11 02:23 PM An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Last year back in November, I posted this thread with pics, of how I utilize my Apple iPad with my Tyros 4 keyboard. Since then I discovered an even better very simple and inexpensive ipad stand setup to better secure the iPad on the Tyros 4, and also further protect both the iPad and Keyboard from getting scratched or damaged.

Fully Ajustable Three Wire (with protective plastic coating) Display stand for books, cookware, electronics; Set of 2 - Black. cost: $7.95.

This light as a feather stand is extrtemely versatile for viewing the iPad just about anywhere in either landscape or portrait mode and at any angle, but better yet it works great for viewing music atop my Tyros 4 keyboard as well. It's fully coated in plastic to reduce any possibility of scratching either the T4 or the iPad as well as the plastic keeps the stand from sliding as well. I highly recommend this stand and use it exclusively for all my iPad stand needs.

The iPad typically sits next to me when I perform and easily & conveniently with one hand, placed on and off the stand at will, whenever I want to view the T4's screen. cool

Here are pics I took of my iPad with stand setup on my Tyros 4 keyboard, shown in both portrait and landscape modes.

Portrait Mode:

Attachments
IMG_01 (Small).JPG

IMG_02 (Small).JPG

#331177 - 09/02/11 02:28 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Landscape Mode:

Attachments
IMG_03 (Small).JPG

IMG_04 (Small).JPG

#331183 - 09/02/11 04:13 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hey Scott , what app are you using for notation software ?

Also , do you know if it is iPad only ?

As you know I`m a Mac user and I`m looking for a notation program that will have the music staff , but allow me to add notes / codas / 1st & 2nd endings , you know , that sort of thing.

But I don`t need some over the top program , just a basic program that will allow me to make my own lead sheets.

Many thanks , and have fun with your T-4 , I`m looking for the T-7 !! , maybe by then Yamaha will have Mac supported software !! LOL laugh

Gary

#331206 - 09/03/11 12:40 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: jedi]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Scott. I bought the same stand for £1 in a PoundLand shop here in the UK.

#331213 - 09/03/11 05:22 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Graham UK]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
If it works for you great. How do you see the keyboard screen?

I think the only way I could use a ipad is it would have to be really close to my face because of the small size. Isn't that a problem? Maybe not.

I had seen on another forum some time back there is an ipad X brace holder that the ipad snaps into. It will fit on a mic type stand. I had considered that. It seemed like the base of the mic stand would fit behind and underneath the keyboard screen while the screen was up. Then you could see the keyboard screen and the ipad at the same time.

The other thing for me is since Michael Bedesem has created the Open Text software that allow you to save the pdf in a way that you choose a registration button which brings up all your settings on the keyboard and brings up the pdf in one step, I think I would miss that option.

#331220 - 09/03/11 08:14 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scott Langholff]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Scott, I use a gooseneck connected to the mic stand and an XClip iPad stand that allows me to bring the ipad in over the top of the keyboard screen, much closer than if you had it on the rack behind the screen.

#331222 - 09/03/11 11:17 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Would you like to show us a pic of that please Graham?

#331228 - 09/04/11 11:18 AM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
For those using regular 30mm X stands, you can go one better and get a boom attachment that slips into the back of the keyboard and attach the clip to it, assuming it has the standard mic threads.

I have one on the left stand support and another for my laptop stand on the right. It works great.

Bernie

#331232 - 09/04/11 12:27 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Bernie9]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Eddie, I'll take a photo on Tuesday when I'm back to work. How do I then show it in the thread?

Bernie, with a gooseneck attachment to the mic stand connection that will allow you to bring the screen closer you may have the ideal solution.

#331233 - 09/04/11 12:40 PM Re: An iPad Stand for viewing music on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Graham

There you go. Even better.

Bernie

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online