SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#330211 - 08/10/11 01:02 PM Just got a PSR S 910 !
Bob Wheeler Offline

Loc: Overland Park, Kansas USA
I am a keyboard hobbyist and I have a long history with arranger keyboards. I started with the Roland Pro E. That was an odd board as it only had 3 octaves. I played the arranger function with the left hand and a Kurzweil K 1000 with the right hand. I was hooked on arrangers from then on.

After that I went through my Technics phase (KN2000/5000) until they went belly up. Then I enjoyed the live sound of the Ketron X-1 and SD-1. Over time I became increasingly concerned with Ketron's customer service and long term viability. I sold the SD-1 and eventually got started with Yamaha with a PSR 3000.

I preferred the live sound of the Ketron's more than the more produced sound of the Yamaha's. However, I was blown away by the tremendous amount of free styles, sounds, and resources available to Yamaha users through the PSR Tutorial web site and others.

Last week, I purchased a very lightly used PSR S 910. I think it's an excellent upgrade over the PSR 3000 with improved sound, Super Articulation voices, more styles, audio recording, expanded Music Finder database etc. I'm just getting into it but so far it's all good.

I purchased the board from George Kaye. I go back quite a ways with George as I purchased the Ketron X-1 and SD-1 from him. I took a huge leap of faith when I bought the X-1 from him without ever demoing the keyboard. I did it because of the stellar reputation George had on this board with others who had bought from him.

Every purchase had been at a very fair price and has included some outstanding added value goodies. George knows his keyboards inside and out and will take as much time as you need to answer questions about the board before and after the sale. He's one of the great independents and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again or recommend his services.

Thanks!

Bob

#330222 - 08/10/11 05:22 PM Re: Just got a PSR S 910 ! [Re: Bob Wheeler]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
George is a great guy and knows his stuff if you have any questions on the 910 please feel free to ask me as well.

#330275 - 08/11/11 03:40 PM Re: Just got a PSR S 910 ! [Re: Bob Wheeler]
Beakybird Offline

Ditto on George being a great guy. Good luck with your keyboard! I love my S910!

#330282 - 08/11/11 05:56 PM Re: Just got a PSR S 910 ! [Re: Bob Wheeler]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Congrats on your new keyboard. I'm sure you'll love it!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#330352 - 08/13/11 07:52 AM Re: Just got a PSR S 910 ! [Re: Bob Wheeler]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Bob:

I'm green with envy. I know you're gonna have the time of your life with it. I was sure hoping Yamaha would "roll out" a replacement at the NAMM show for the 910 so I could afford to buy one.

Regards,

Dave

#330359 - 08/13/11 08:38 AM Re: Just got a PSR S 910 ! [Re: Bob Wheeler]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Bob Wheeler
I am a keyboard hobbyist and I have a long history with arranger keyboards. I started with the Roland Pro E. That was an odd board as it only had 3 octaves. I played the arranger function with the left hand and a Kurzweil K 1000 with the right hand. I was hooked on arrangers from then on.

After that I went through my Technics phase (KN2000/5000) until they went belly up. Then I enjoyed the live sound of the Ketron X-1 and SD-1. Over time I became increasingly concerned with Ketron's customer service and long term viability. I sold the SD-1 and eventually got started with Yamaha with a PSR 3000.

I preferred the live sound of the Ketron's more than the more produced sound of the Yamaha's. However, I was blown away by the tremendous amount of free styles, sounds, and resources available to Yamaha users through the PSR Tutorial web site and others.

Last week, I purchased a very lightly used PSR S 910. I think it's an excellent upgrade over the PSR 3000 with improved sound, Super Articulation voices, more styles, audio recording, expanded Music Finder database etc. I'm just getting into it but so far it's all good.

I purchased the board from George Kaye. I go back quite a ways with George as I purchased the Ketron X-1 and SD-1 from him. I took a huge leap of faith when I bought the X-1 from him without ever demoing the keyboard. I did it because of the stellar reputation George had on this board with others who had bought from him.

Every purchase had been at a very fair price and has included some outstanding added value goodies. George knows his keyboards inside and out and will take as much time as you need to answer questions about the board before and after the sale. He's one of the great independents and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again or recommend his services.

Thanks!

Bob

One hell of a KB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ndtpqaFpE Glynn Madden UK Yamaha demo enjoy Bob.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online