SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#330206 - 08/10/11 09:59 AM Get ready for defense spending cuts in US...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
House Speaker John Boehner and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell have released the six names of the "Super-Committee" that will work on coming up with mutually agreed upon budget cuts to the tune of $1.5 Trillion dollars over the next decade.

From the House, Dave Camp (R-MI), Fred Upton (R-MI) and Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) have been named along with Jon Kyl of Arizona, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania and Rob Portman of Ohio from the Senate.

All have signed Grover Norquists anti tax pledge which...

Read more: Reasonable Conversation

#330328 - 08/12/11 05:29 PM Re: Get ready for defense spending cuts in US... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Don't look for a 7-5, or 8-4 vote on the super committee. It is highly unlikely that one or two members will dare to cross party lines on a final vote, especially Toomey, who is from my area and I know quite.

Are there ANY moderate Republicans still representing this Country?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#330329 - 08/12/11 05:30 PM Re: Get ready for defense spending cuts in US... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
On second thought, the Dem's on the committee will eventually cave in.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#330335 - 08/12/11 08:07 PM Re: Get ready for defense spending cuts in US... [Re: lahawk]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Originally Posted By: lahawk

Don't look for a 7-5, or 8-4 vote on the super committee. It is highly unlikely that one or two members will dare to cross party lines on a final vote, especially Toomey, who is from my area and I know quite.

Are there ANY moderate Republicans still representing this Country?

Perhaps, but they're not on the Super Committee. All the seats were awarded via an interview process and there's a reason Olympia Snowe or Ken Conrad aren't on it. There will be deadlocks on all the big issues, they'll cobble together some small amount and the the trigger for the defense spending cuts will cover the rest of the $1.5 Trillion bucks they have to come up with.

Edited by Bill in Dayton (08/12/11 08:07 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online