SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#33014 - 01/31/05 08:15 PM Sonar cakewalk and SD1, keyboard freezes
bzw Offline

Loc: Md, USA
What are the correct midi settings needed so that the keyboard doesn't freeze?

#33015 - 02/01/05 04:36 PM Re: Sonar cakewalk and SD1, keyboard freezes
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Please, explain in more detail, how your conections PC-SD1....if you use a midi interface vs. a joystick adaptor.
In keyboard should be in the midi in 1.....the # 2 is for Midi pedals, or accordion, midi guitar, etc...that and in midi set up to either choose a preset or configure one.....if you are not an accordionist, guitarist using midi with the SD1, you could use the default setting.
I hope it helps.

------------------
mdorantes

#33016 - 02/01/05 04:54 PM Re: Sonar cakewalk and SD1, keyboard freezes
bzw Offline

I use a midiman UNO to connect the Sd1 to the PC. If I simply play a midifile on the PC, the keyboard does respond. The problem seems to start when I either start a pattern or click on a bunch of things in sonar; the keyboard locks up. It seems to me that either some sysex is floating around (I turned on the filter in the midi ch recieve) or midi thru is cycling.

#33017 - 02/03/05 12:31 PM Re: Sonar cakewalk and SD1, keyboard freezes
mdorantes Offline

I think you have the midi thru active, I would disable it.
Are you secuencing from the SD1 to PC?....there is a easier way, I record my song in the SD1 either in the Hard disk or in a floppy, then I edited in the PC in Sonar/Cakewalk....
No need to be conected to PC.

1.-Press Song record.
2.-(either in Hard disk or floppy) Put name song.
3.-Record your song, when finish, press stop, then record again, it will go to play mode, if you want to hear it press start, if not, exit.
4.-Take Floppy into PC and open file.
I hope it helps.

#33018 - 02/03/05 03:29 PM Re: Sonar cakewalk and SD1, keyboard freezes
bzw Offline

I am quite familiar with how to record on the Sd1. I need to be able to lay some tracks down individualy, and I also use the midi record feature to record stlyes from a midifile on the pc. I am not yet familiar with the sonar program (3.1 producer). How do you turn off the midi thru?

#33019 - 02/04/05 07:07 PM Re: Sonar cakewalk and SD1, keyboard freezes
mdorantes Offline

Ok....I have Sonar 2.0 not the 3.0, but I don't think they would change much in this area, here it goes, go to OPTIONS in tool bar, then PROYECT, then MIDI IN,under that, there is a function ECHO, just put it in NONE.

------------------
mdorantes

#33020 - 02/05/05 06:43 PM Re: Sonar cakewalk and SD1, keyboard freezes
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I had all versions of sonar, and 2 differetn sd1, and both freeze after 3/10 minutes of work...
Just record a thing using the SD1 alone, with the Record Button, after that copy that midifile on the pc, and play it on sonar, and make some changes, add some traks...
and mmmmmmmmmmmmhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online