SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3300 - 10/21/05 02:39 PM research mode
markh Offline

Loc: Wasilla, AK USA
Greetings all,
I have purchased an inexpensive Casio keyboard to learn on. My ultimate goal is to be able to play well at home, parties and worship services. Classic rock, contemporary jazz and contemporary Christian music are what I am most interested in.
My question is, I know I will be upgrading to another keyboard in the future and was wondering what the ideal size (key# wise)might be. I am not too concerned about portability as I will not be travelling that much. Your comments would be most appreciated.

#3301 - 10/22/05 12:06 PM Re: research mode
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hi!
Might I suggest that you post your question over at "General Arranger Keyboard" forum. You will get a lot more help there.

I'll try to do the best I can to help though. Personally I don't use anything with less than 61 keys (five octaves). My main studio master controller keyboard is a fully weighted 88-note Motif ES8 and as awesome as it is for studio work I wouldn't want to take one to a live gig. Size and weight will pretty much outweigh it's awesome keyboard feel and response. If you are going to play live I suggest you go with either a 61-note or a 76-note keyboard. Can't suggest anything specific since I personally don't use arrangers. For that you wil have to ask guys over at GAK.

Good luck.

-ED-

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online