I have been using the Ultimate Support Apex stand (with mic boom and extended arms)for 25 years (Yes the same one, although I have another still like new in the studio)...It seems to be the all time Pro on stage keyboard stand..seen everywhere....The company was always great at supplying parts when needed..

When I need a quick good looking single keyboard stand with a mic boom..I go to my Roland (Ultimate Support) V stand ..I have the second tier that means carrying two more attachments that don't fit in the carry bag....but for a single keyboard set up..it looks cool and is very stable....

My third quick set up stand is the Ultimate Support double braced X stand with mic boom attachment..

All 3 stands are great...If a pedal board or extra pedals are used the V stand is most flexible...but all 3 can work with pedals..The Apex is better if you stand, sitting is awkward...the V stand works great any way you want to work with it...and the X stand works fine ..sitting or standing, but looks, don't cut it...I never liked the look of an X stand...

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/category/Keyboard_Stands

Edited by Fran Carango (08/04/11 09:43 AM)