SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32981 - 08/20/06 09:37 PM Backing up the Midjay hard disk to a computer
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I am maybe asking a dumb question, but here it goes: is it possible to back up all the hard disk content of the Midjay to a computer?
I am afraid to do this because in the manual Ketron warns about the possibility that -should something go wrong during the transfer process- you could lose ALL the hard disk content.
Plus, I have a feeling that the files on the hard disk are somehow copy-protected.
Has someone already tried to save all the Wav. files, the DJ loops, the Grooves, the MP3s, the midifiles, etc to a computer?
Thanks!

#32982 - 08/20/06 11:36 PM Re: Backing up the Midjay hard disk to a computer
Flavie Offline

Loc: Ontario - Canada
Hi Dreamer,

I did that already with no problems at all! You have to make sure you do not disconnect the USB cable before the whole content it is copied to your computer.
It is really no big deal.
Good luck.

#32983 - 08/21/06 01:03 AM Re: Backing up the Midjay hard disk to a computer
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Flavie,
thanks for your quick reply! Do you have an idea of how big those files are (in terms of Mb)?

#32984 - 08/24/06 05:53 PM Re: Backing up the Midjay hard disk to a computer
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I backed up my midjay with lots of extra styles, MP3's and midifiles and it was 5.64MB in size on my hard drive in the computer.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online