SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#329700 - 07/28/11 10:50 PM Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
PLEASE, don't use them, particularly if you are in the Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma area.
Listen to what the non-owners are saying. The mids are bad, no highs, no lows, no volume, no balls (sorry ladies). They have phase cancellation, you can't go anywhere in the room without hearing the damn things. They are not even loud enough that you have to scream to talk to your friends. They aren't good for practically anything. Don't get them. They are so light in weight you can't even build big muscles lifting them. You won't need the big van with your name on it, so stick with the old heavy gear.
Bad thing is that many of the pretenders to my big frog, little puddle situation ARE getting them. They give me a tremendous advantage over the competition, but please don't tell anybody, they think I really sound that good.
Thanks,
DonM

#329701 - 07/28/11 10:52 PM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: DonM]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
clap

#329703 - 07/28/11 11:07 PM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Good one Don!

I'll get ready and tell the dealers to stock up on Yamaha Stagepas 500's for the expected throng of eager buyers.

They won't give you muscles either (very lightweight), but they'll please your ears far more than any old mono stick system.

Enjoy what you play!

That was a funny post...I'm going to laugh all the way to the bank.

Ian

#329705 - 07/28/11 11:19 PM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

You are OK you don't use them anyways, you won’t be Bosed away or dammed into eternity, you’re a professional. I’ve seen your website, you use proper speakers and a mixer, your setup will fill any room wall to wall corner to corner and once tweaked it will sound like pure magic. I can hear the stereo on you website demos, great. And to cap it all Bill you have more girls around you than Fran, that’s got to be a bonus and they are all smart lookers too!

Regards

Tony

PS Bill please please tell me that’s not a old photo on your website and you just bought a single Bose L1. I’ll even sign your visitor’s book if you tell me you haven't.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329706 - 07/28/11 11:36 PM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Bill,

And to cap it all Bill you have more girls around you than Fran, that’s got to be a bonus and they are all smart lookers too!

Tony, it's the Tux, man...it's like a magnet, or dare I say, a beacon, that draws the opposite sex like moths to a flame.

Deadly...very deadly indeed!

Fran will be out shopping tomorrow.

Ian

#329708 - 07/29/11 03:42 AM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: DonM]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Damn, Don

Now you tell me. I have the L1 and the Compact. I guess I and my audience have been dead wrong all this time.

Thanks for the warning even if it is a bit late.

Bernie

#329709 - 07/29/11 03:52 AM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Ha ha, Bernie...be careful...I think Don is trying to get you to sell yours to him...

#329710 - 07/29/11 06:10 AM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: DonM]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am afraid he wouldn't pay the price I would have to get to part with them.

#329712 - 07/29/11 06:26 AM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Bernie, while I do enjoy Don's very clever sarcasm, I find it interesting that he and yourself are using instruments that don't have the phase-cancellation issue (Roland and Ketron).

I'm seriously glad the Bose works for you guys...I wish Yamaha didn't have that phase problem, and I could recommend a single Bose stick to my Yamaha clients, but my conscience (and my hearing) won't let me.

I'm glad Don and yourself look at this whole deal with a sense of humor...you guys are true gentlemen.

Ian

#329715 - 07/29/11 07:34 AM Re: Warning: Don't use Bose L1 Compacts [Re: DonM]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
For dinner music in a very quiet restaurant, I'm using Bose speakers, along with the built-in speakers in the S910. But, it's not the Model II, which I have. It's the Bose Companion speakers you get at Best Buy. Can you believe it? Talk about light-weight. Maybe one pound each! They work/sound great for what I'm doing. Setup is a quick in and out in one trip.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online