SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#330574 - 08/17/11 09:11 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: Tony Hughes]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Tony,
My dealer is one of the best in the country along with another guy on the west coast. Many of the forum members have bought from both of them. The dealer is NOT the problem here.

By the way the 349 Euros price is over $150.00 more than the going price in the states.

I know you are a Ketron fan but the company sucks.

Deane

#330575 - 08/17/11 09:27 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: hammer]
Tony Hughes Offline

Deane,

The prices for all Ketron parts are much cheaper from Thomann than the UK, so to hear they are more expensive than the USA indicates that USA are buying much better. You will just need to wait.

Good luck with it all.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#331328 - 09/06/11 03:40 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, after 2 months I have yet to hear from Ketron, CMC or anyone else about getting my SD2 unit repaired. Today I got another one in the mail so I am back up and running.

Our good friend Frank has been trying to help out with contacting Ketron - sure hope he has more luck than I have had.

Deane

#331363 - 09/07/11 09:55 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: hammer]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
How old are these SD-2 unit?! Shouldn't the warranty cover all these issues like bricking from software updates and corroded circuit boards? Is that how people do business in the rest of the world? I'm glad I live in Norway. All products sold for over $300 USD are protected from manufacturers errors for 5 years by law.

I really hope Ketron get their act together and take responsibility and treat their loyal customer base with the respect they deserve.

DocZ

#331385 - 09/07/11 07:20 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: doc-z]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Doc,
over in Aust. 1 year warranty. Wow, you guys have it good. Actually the more I think about it, I'm pretty sure that the update killed mine too. Happened just after I did it. Maybe the guy who looked at mine noticed corrosion, but I really don't think it's what killed it.

Sucker for punishment, I think I'll be replacing sd2 too. I just bought Varranger software, pretty cheap way of getting a ketron arranger.
Originally Posted By: doc-z
How old are these SD-2 unit?! Shouldn't the warranty cover all these issues like bricking from software updates and corroded circuit boards? Is that how people do business in the rest of the world? I'm glad I live in Norway. All products sold for over $300 USD are protected from manufacturers errors for 5 years by law.

I really hope Ketron get their act together and take responsibility and treat their loyal customer base with the respect they deserve.

DocZ

Edited by rikkisbears (09/07/11 08:04 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#331425 - 09/09/11 07:37 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: hammer]
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
We have those supplier/factory warranties as well, they cover stuff that the laws don't.

Circuit board corrosion, if it's just over one year - that one is hard to believe - unless you had it out in the rain or out to sea in a gale. I have some electronics that are over 50 years old - with no corrosion what so ever that hinder their operation. If I were in your shoes, i would keep contacting Ketron relentlessly and claim it's their fault. One should expect a $400 product meant for proffesionals to last more than one year. Heck my old GEM CD 2 is 20 years old - it stills works like a charm - and it's Italian smile

DocZ

#331464 - 09/10/11 01:37 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: doc-z]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sad but not at all surprising.

R.

#331473 - 09/11/11 04:22 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: hammer]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I think someone confused corrupt with corrode. Corruption being much more likely here.

#331475 - 09/11/11 06:32 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: Bernie9]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bernie,

It would be better if it was corrosion since there is a excuse for that, there can be no excuse for corruption, that should be fixed in minutes, a faulty PCB is in the bin, trash can, in USA. This is an "never ending song of love" at least for Hammer.

Tony

BTW has anyone got the dots for "never ending of love for you"
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#331483 - 09/11/11 01:55 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bernie,
that was me . The techie that fixed my PA800 screen , also had a quick look at my SD2. He's the one that told me my board had corrosion on it? Personally I'm still convinced it was the update that killed it. The light went solid instead of flashing as soon as I did it.
My sd2 one of the first models. Was going well till I did the second update on it. First time I updated, no problem. It's the second update that killed it.
I noticed now, Ketron at least gives a warning about using their updates, pity they didn't do that with update No.2.

I've updated every keyboard & module I've owned, if & when an update became available. My pa800 had 5, my sd1 had 2. It's not like I didn't know what I was doing. The sd2 was the only one I've had a problem with.

Having said that, I've gone out and bought another one haahaa. Might stay away from their updates. If it wasn't for my newly aquired VArranger software, I wouldn't have bothered with another Ketron.
Now I'm counting the days till it arrives. haahaa
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I think someone confused corrupt with corrode. Corruption being much more likely here.

Edited by rikkisbears (09/11/11 02:16 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online