SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#329856 - 08/01/11 06:36 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: hammer]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Here in the USA, when I purchased an Audya, support from the US distributor was directed to AJ?? When I called the number for support for a failed Audya, AJ told me he only does Ketron Support on Wed, Thur, Fri or something like that??? I called on a Monday and he told me to call back when HE was available. Does this sound like reasonable coverage for the entire US customer base? NO...and that's why I immediately returned the Audya. I'm not going to deal with that nonsense. PERIOD!

Even though I wanted to LOVE that Audya, Ketron seems to conspire against itself.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#329866 - 08/01/11 10:14 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

Al,

Sounds more convoluted than I first thought.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329872 - 08/01/11 04:29 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: Tony Hughes]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I actually had the opportunity of buying an Audya last year.
Friend of mine had bought it. He was told it could do certain things that he required for his recording purposes. Salesman got it wrong , it couldn't, they wouldn't take it back. Fought them over it for nearly 12 months . In the end he gave up, and asked me if I was interested in it. Could have bought it for about a third of it's retail price. I was tempted, but figured it could end up being more hassle than it was worth , considering technical support here in Aust.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#329875 - 08/01/11 04:43 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: rikkisbears]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Having been in the music industry for 30+ years what we found was products from Italy, such as organs and keyboards could have some very excellent sounds and features but the breakdown on them was quite high.

#329887 - 08/01/11 10:11 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: Scott Langholff]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Scott Langholff
Having been in the music industry for 30+ years what we found was products from Italy, such as organs and keyboards could have some very excellent sounds and features but the breakdown on them was quite high.

Scott,

I remember when got my Audya nearly 2 years back and all the trouble I had with it, a number of cleverer than me SZDERS took the pee out of me, they are gone now. I made a statement back then saying that I had dealt with Italian engineering outside the KB market and found it bad, the Italians copiers are poor one at that. They play around the edges, it looks hellish good on the outside but open it up and surprise – surprise there is not much in there, in the UK we say “jack of all trades, master of none” I was accused of begin racist by a member of SZ back then, I was just saying Italian engineering was and is crap. The olive oil is the best in the World.

I remember when got my Audya nearly 2 years back and all the trouble I had with it, a number of cleverer than I SZDERS took the pee out of me, they are gone now. I made a statement back then saying that I had dealt with Italian engineering outside the KB market and found it bad, the Italians are copiers and poor ones at that. They play around the edges, it looks hellish good on the outside but open it up and surprise – surprise there is not much in there, in the UK we say “jack of all trades, master of none” I was accused of begin racist by a member of SZ back then, I was just saying Italian engineering I had come across was and is crap. The olive oil is the best in the World. Deane could you take the SD2 apart and take some photos, didn’t someone say the PCB on theirs was corroded.

Tony

PS .... Have you noticed that none of this has got Hammer is SD2 fixed, it never will, the whole system is flawed.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329890 - 08/01/11 11:51 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

Sorry,

About the duplicate.

Tony

#329897 - 08/02/11 04:58 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: Tony Hughes]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Last night I did get an email from AJ asking many questions about how the SD2 Unit acted when it failed. He has sent me to Ted the Ketron distributor here in the US. I sent Ted two emails last night to the two different email addresses provided by AJ.

AJ asked me to keep him informed as to the outcome of it all.

Deane

#329898 - 08/02/11 07:26 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Ok, this morning I have tried twice to leave messages for Ted at CMC the US Ketron distributor and his mail box is full and is not allowing voice messages to be left. It just never ends!

Deane

#329899 - 08/02/11 07:49 AM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: hammer]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Some really neat products, but pretty lame in most other ways.

Sad!

Russ

#329907 - 08/02/11 12:02 PM Re: OT: AJ - Contact me ASAP [Re: captain Russ]
Tony Hughes Offline

Deane,

Where did you buy the SD2 from.

Tony

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online