SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#329080 - 07/18/11 04:05 PM New Web Page based on Tyros 4
Princess Offline

Loc: Michigan
I now have a web site of my own.... it's subject mater is basicly music and entertaing. It's still under construction but a good percentage of it is up and running :~)
My Hubby did it for me.... but he won't be getting a raise in his Roadie wages!!!!
Take Care
Paula
http://www.paulad.net

#329081 - 07/18/11 05:14 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hi Paula-

I clicked on your "about us" page and all four demos began to play simultaneously...

Also, I use Chrome as my browser and the media player boxes only showed the lower 2/3rds or so ...

It might just be my browser, but you might look into that...

Good luck,

Edited by Bill in Dayton (07/18/11 05:14 PM)

#329083 - 07/18/11 06:05 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Paula,

Everything works perfect in IE 9

Looks and Sounds Great

Nice Job !

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#329091 - 07/18/11 07:28 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Princess,

The page is coming along nicely. Don't forget to put up some testimonials and a list of the songs you play!!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#329102 - 07/19/11 12:56 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
"I clicked on your "about us" page and all four demos began to play simultaneously...

Also, I use Chrome as my browser and the media player boxes only showed the lower 2/3rds or so ..."

Same browser, same thing.

Edited by Kabinopus (07/19/11 12:57 AM)

#329119 - 07/19/11 07:52 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Paula.
Everything looks and sounds fine when I visit your page with the latest current version of Firefox 5 on my Windows desktop PC, as well as in Safari on my Apple iPad.
The design is ideally targeted to the senior citizen entertainment market. Congratulations to both you and your hubby Craig on your new site.
I like the catchy fun animated icons accompanying each of your demo songs. I also enjoyed your touchingly heartfelt vocals on "Our Time Together". Is that an original song penned by you?
I'm sure your new site will be landing you a lot of gigs for the senior market in your area and beyond.

Scott smile

#329124 - 07/19/11 08:40 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Princess Offline

Hi and I'm sorry the players were a problem with your browsers, but it looks like it's alright with the other browsers and it was fine with my old netscape on the laptop. My husband seemed to enjoy doing the page, i would hear him kind of chuckle to himself when he found a cute graphic.
Scott; Yes I did write the lryics and melody (Our Time Together), it just came to me one morning.. my hubby calls it my Willy Nelson moment.
Again, Thanks all for the kind words and you all taking the time to look. :~)
Paula

#329127 - 07/19/11 08:55 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Bill in Dayton Offline

More and more users are using Chrome, less and less are IE and Firefox...

http://gigaom.com/collaboration/chrome-breaks-20-percent-global-browser-market-share/

If you're doing this seriously, and it looks like you are, I'd suggest looking into the problem on Chrome. You just have to fix it once, I imagine and it will be fixed for all time. You never know what browser the next potential client might be using, eh?

Failing that, you should consider putting a disclaimer on your homepage indicating that this site is best viewed with the Internet Explorer or Mozilla browsers.

Your hosting company should be able to assist you in identifying and possibly fixing the Chrome issue...

Good luck,

#329131 - 07/19/11 09:17 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Princess Offline

Hi Bill;
I put up the disclaimer and I'll check further with the site provider... so far they said it should work with Google
Chrome 5 or higher... I do appreciate your and Kabinopus input.
Thanks
Craig

#329140 - 07/19/11 10:00 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great site Paula, and it works fine for me.

Ian

#329143 - 07/19/11 10:36 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hi Paula, if there are song recordings to be heard on the About page... they didn't play for me, nor is there a link that I see to play them in either Firefox 5.0 or Internet Explorer. I surf the internet continually all day and have had no problems with other sites. Beats me.

If you are wanting to use your site for commercial purposes, I have a lot of experience in that. I could give you a lot of feedback if you want it but for now, I'll just say... have someone check your spelling, there are numerous words misspelled.

Good luck!

#329145 - 07/19/11 10:57 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Princess
I now have a web site of my own.... it's subject mater is basicly music and entertaing. It's still under construction but a good percentage of it is up and running :~)
My Hubby did it for me.... but he won't be getting a raise in his Roadie wages!!!!
Take Care
Paula

Princess,

Looks like you got the hang of it Gal!

Keep it coming

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329146 - 07/19/11 11:17 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Tony Hughes Offline

Take Care
Paula

Paula,

Great site can we see more, and do you do requests, it all works for me.

Could you do "END OF THE WORLD" Skeeter Davis.,

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#329148 - 07/19/11 11:37 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
Hi Paula, if there are song recordings to be heard on the About page... they didn't play for me, nor is there a link that I see to play them in either Firefox 5.0 or Internet Explorer. I surf the internet continually all day and have had no problems with other sites. Beats me.

If you are wanting to use your site for commercial purposes, I have a lot of experience in that. I could give you a lot of feedback if you want it but for now, I'll just say... have someone check your spelling, there are numerous words misspelled.

Good luck!

Bill,

This is perhaps their first attempt at a website, Bill give them a bit of space, I don't think it matters at this stage about the site, they can fine tune it.
It’s certainly not a boring site, frankly Bill this is what SZ needs and lots more of it, how many typos did you see, perhaps they have been corrected now.
Anyway Bill the music is good and that is what matters.
Bill have you got a site we could take a look at with you playing like Paula.

Regards
Tony

#329150 - 07/19/11 12:13 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Princess Offline

Hi Bill,
thanks for briging the mississpelled words to our attention , I think they are fexed, we did check out your web page, and I don't think you can help us,as for myself I wouldn't find a page of that sort interesting, but then that is only my opinion,but I do appreciate your help with the mispelled words, I think also you will find my web site to be under cunstruction thankyou...
Paula oops oops I mississpelled mispelled and fexed fixed I am so sorry plese please forgive me

Edited by Princess (07/19/11 12:54 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#329151 - 07/19/11 12:26 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Princess Offline

Thanks guys,
I do appreciate your kind words regarding my web page,ya it is more just a fun page... I am not a professional key boardest but we all have fun and to me that is what it's all about.
Oh yes Tony I do play the song the end of the world, as soon as I have time I will record that for my web page....
thanks again Paula

#329152 - 07/19/11 12:30 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hello all,

From what I can tell, the audio element that you embedded is Quicktime and both IE and Firefox get it right (right-click on the player's control bar and see this):

But this doesn't happen in Chrome and there are a ton of reports in the Chrome Forums asking for help on this:

"Quicktime doesn't work in Chrome....."

Using Chrome, you can right-click on the black box and still get a context menu which allows you to Pause the audio:

-mike

#329153 - 07/19/11 12:30 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Tony Hughes Offline

Thanks guys,
I do appreciate your kind words regarding my web page,ya it is more just a fun page... I am not a professional key boardest but we all have fun and to me that is what it's all about.
Oh yes Tony I do play the song the end of the world, as soon as I have time I will record that for my web page....
thanks again Paula

Thanks Paula,

I will be looking forward to End Of the World

Tony

#329154 - 07/19/11 12:35 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
thanks for briging the mississpelled words to our attention , I think they are fexed,

Uh, Bill might be on to something.

smile smile smile

chas

#329156 - 07/19/11 12:53 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Oops, I just realized that you were probably just pulling his chain. Jokes on me. Sorry.

chas

#329157 - 07/19/11 12:57 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: cgiles]
Princess Offline

Thanks Chas,
I am glad you caught that....
ha ha Paula

#329167 - 07/19/11 03:18 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
lahawk Offline

Paula,

It's obvious, it's a Chrome problem, and not your fault.

Chrome may still have certain compatabilty problems that THEY need to work out.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#329168 - 07/19/11 03:27 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
lahawk Offline

Puala

I didt'n notise anytang wring wit youare spallang

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#329175 - 07/19/11 05:21 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Bill in Dayton Offline

...it is more just a fun page... I am not a professional key boardest but we all have fun and to me that is what it's all about.

Paula-You say this, yet all over your website is info for products, phone numbers, sale pitches, etc. So which is it? You doing this for kicks and giggles or are you trying to run a business?

You say, "we’ll give you the attention and personal service your special event requires and what your guests will expect." Its a bit of a disconnect to say that but then have so many spelling/grammar mistakes on your home page. I know its "under construction," but to sort of mock Bill for his comments I thought was in poor taste. I noticed them too but was so blown away by the quadruple demos firing at the same time that took precedent with me. Bill's taking some cheap shots here that are undeserved.

Not that there aren't some people on the SZ who deserved to be mocked, lol. But, Bill isn't one of them.

#329176 - 07/19/11 06:15 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Princess Offline

Hi
thanks to Mike I'm glad to find this is a chrome problem and not ours, well as I said this is a fun web site and when I play a gig I have fun with my audience I will admit the page is full of humor guess what who ever doesn't want to look at it doesen't have to, no one is making them,It's the web. just look at something else for those that don't like it. so there was and maybe still is incorrect spelling? look the other way if you have a problem with that to bad so sad. ...Paula

#329177 - 07/19/11 06:20 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: lahawk]
Princess Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
Puala

I didt'n notise anytang wring wit youare spallang

Hi Larry.... Thanks
Paula

#329178 - 07/19/11 06:31 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: ianmcnll]
Princess Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Great site Paula, and it works fine for me.

Ian

Thanks guy you are much appreciated....Paula

#329179 - 07/19/11 06:38 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Princess Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Hi Paula.
Everything looks and sounds fine when I visit your page with the latest current version of Firefox 5 on my Windows desktop PC, as well as in Safari on my Apple iPad.
The design is ideally targeted to the senior citizen entertainment market. Congratulations to both you and your hubby Craig on your new site.
I like the catchy fun animated icons accompanying each of your demo songs. I also enjoyed your touchingly heartfelt vocals on "Our Time Together". Is that an original song penned by you?
I'm sure your new site will be landing you a lot of gigs for the senior market in your area and beyond.

Scott smile

Thanks Scott....Paula

#329180 - 07/19/11 06:41 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: kbrkr]
Princess Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Princess,

The page is coming along nicely. Don't forget to put up some testimonials and a list of the songs you play!!

Thanks Al, yes I will do my best, good Idea and put very nicely thanks again Guy
Paula

#329181 - 07/19/11 06:45 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Scottyee Offline

Here's my take:
Ok, so there were a couple of grammatical errors. So what?!
It was immediately obvious (at least to me) what word(s) were intended, and the fact is, whatever misspellings there are, these to me lend to the fun spirit of the site, esp the icon animations accompanying the equally entertaining song demos showcasing how Paula has creatively utilized her keyboard along ith her winning down home vocal style.
Paula, I love the yodelin' on "Good Ol' Mountain Dew". cool

I also want to reiterate that I did NOT experience any problem with songs not playing, nor automatically playing together at the same time, in either Firefox 5, IE 8 in Windows, or in Safari on the Apple iPad. As Mike Sutliff stated, seems like the problem is with Chrome itself, and not with Paula's website at all.

If I were the activities director of a senior group, I would book her based on her ability to give (as evidenced by her songs) the audience an entertainingly musical time, and the look and feel of her website further projects this.Bottom line is that we're marketing ourselves as music entertainers, not for a job as a corporate banker, right? smile

#329183 - 07/19/11 07:09 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Scott-No one told her her website sucks, did they? Did anyone tell her to stop right now and give up music forever? Nope. Everyone's been encouraging with wishes of good luck, keep up the good work, looking forward to hearing more, etc.

If you're suggesting she did those typos on purpose or that a potential client might find them oddly appealing, I think you're waaay off base. (If Paula was marketing herself as a comedy act of some kind, that might work, but she isn't.) You'd never put up mistakes like that. How long have I known you? Ten years? Your attention to details is impressive and I'm surprised you're not stressing the importance and value of those qualities even on a website that's under construction.

I'm still not sure whether she's a professional (like her website says she is) or just a hobbyist who wants to have some fun and share her music.

No one attacked her or her website. A few guys who have made their living in music for a long time offered some suggestions and shared some concerns. The website issues are hers. She owns them. Any potential client who wanted to listen to her stuff and couldn't because of a browser issue needs to be at least alerted to this issue. Which they weren't until we spoke up and said something. So voila! She's already benefited from the SZ!

#329187 - 07/19/11 09:22 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
Scott-No one told her her website sucks, did they? Did anyone tell her to stop right now and give up music forever?
And neither did I ever accuse 'you', or 'anyone else' of saying her site sucks or for her to give up music either.
I merely shared my enthusiasm about her site's fun look and the impressive music demos which I would think especially appealing to the senior entertainment market.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
If Paula was marketing herself as a comedy act of some kind, that might work, but she isn't. You'd never put up mistakes like that.
I'm sure Paula appreciates you pointing out the errors, but I'd hardly rank those 2-3 typos as anything close to being "numerous". The point I was attempting to stress is, irregardless whether the misspelling were merely an oversight or not, because of the 'casual' folksy feel good humor of the site, including Paula's references to her being a "Yooper", and saying about her husband: "I tricked him into being my roadie", that those misspelled words aren't much of (if any) detriment at all, and I seriously doubt it will have any bearing on whether people decide to hire her as a 'music entertainer' or not.

Bill, did you ever finally get a chance to listen to her demos? I thought they were fun, entertaining and well done. clap

#329193 - 07/19/11 10:00 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Princess Offline

Hi Bill ,
You must lightin up I am sure you are a very sweet Guy being a great entainer and all, don't be to concerned about the web. page it really is small (potatoe's) i am happy with it and so what, I will still be able to live O.K if I don't get lots of jobs because of misspelling,as a matter of fact I already have all the gigs I need just by word of mouth but My audience will enjoy the web. page when they see it and that is all that matters, now settle down and just be who you are, and yes as Scott said I do appreciate the citing of those errors and will correct them cause I like to see every one here be one big happy family... take care guy and thanks so much ....Paula... If I do misspell a word please forgive me I aint a good speller

#329199 - 07/19/11 10:49 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Scottyee]
Bill in Dayton Offline

IMO Scott, you came across like she was being picked on or something and some of us were making a big deal out of a few minor mistakes. I count over a half a dozen spelling, grammar,typos on her home page. Its not the end of the world and she did say it was under construction.

I listened to all five of the song samples on her site. Its hard for me to evaluate her work without seeing her interact and reading her audience. Maybe her personality is such that the music is secondary to it, and her audiences are highly entertained. Maybe she's reserved on stage and let's her music do the talking.

Since you asked, I'd say the playing's ok...Its pretty clean sounding, and I heard nothing that made me cringe. Its not flashy. Combine that with sharp song selection, good audience interaction and she could kill. If she doesn't have those other elements in her act, I'd lower my expectations. You know as well as anybody that a lesser player with great interaction usually outranks a superior player with inferior interaction. Her playing won't set her apart, but her charm, humor and personality very well may.

Tying into some of your comments, I'm guessing that she's got a good sense of humor and isn't afraid to use it, which is a plus.

#329201 - 07/19/11 10:55 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Paula-

I am sweet.

Probably not great.

grin

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you...

#329203 - 07/19/11 11:10 PM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Princess]
Tony Hughes Offline

I like to see every one here be one big happy family...

Paula,

I really doubt this ever happening.

There are two kinds of people on SZ, those who are so perfect it is surreal and those who just live life and have fun. Some will just sit on the wall with a high powered rifle and take bits off you at 1000 yards, whilst others will kick the door in and blast the hell out of you with a scatter gun. Paula , don’t take them on, don’t reply to them , there is an old English saying that I think came from the USA, “DON’T SHOOT THE PIANO PLAYER HE IS TRYING HIS BEST” and I think that fits.

You are perhaps by now thinking you wish you had never posted the link to your site and perhaps you shouldn’t share your works or your music we these people, perhaps you should take look at their websites and see if you can pick up any tips, perhaps you have already done this and decided that boring is not what you wanted on your site. I am sure you are not the kind of person to go marking their sites out of 100 and then post the result in public.

This post is going to end up locked off, I can see it coming.

There could be two SZ sites SZP and SZA, professional and amateur, Paula you could join me in the SZA site and we could just have fun, we are never going to perform in front of the President, I know my place in life, do they know theirs.

Don’t forget THE END OF THE WORLD
Tony

#329206 - 07/20/11 12:01 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

And finally, since I have written many web pages which were technically very professional, if you are selling yourself and your services to the public on your website it should be no more than two pages, one page would be perfect. I have taken a look at the other two sites and frankly ................... what can’t speak can’t lie, they have more pages than the script from “THE SOUND OF MUSIC”. Some of the data is 3 years out of date.

Stop hitting folks with a baseball bat, they are simply trying their best and are in a learning curve. We can’t all be so perfect. Go and take a look at a proper professional website somewhere else and then tweak yours and remove the deadwood whilst you are there!

#329207 - 07/20/11 12:05 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Awesome, Tony...

Way to create a fuss where none exists.

Let's review...

A member posted a link to a new website, which appears to exist, at least in part to stir up some business. A few of us had some difficulty with the demos, which has now been addressed and we also noticed some issues with the writing. We shared those thoughts. We also encouraged her.

I don't know of anyone who's perfect or claiming to be so on this site, do you? Nobody blasted her. Not whatsoever. Some suggestions were made. If you didn't like the suggestions, too bad. People were polite and I repeat, encouraging.

Paula's going to be fine. She plays well, has some spunk and obviously has fun. That's all you need.

Its this kind of behavior that drags the SZ down. Fabricated drama. The purpose of which is unknown to me. If we stroke every person, especially the newer ones who come around here, are we really helping them? Are we really sharing our knowledge and experience for their benefit? I say no. If we say everybody's "great," then nobody is. Paula the person was praised, encouraged and congratulated on her website. The website was also praised but also had a few issues pointed out. Your description of SZ-ers attacking her is uncalled for. Its grandstanding and self-indulgent. It does Paula nor anyone else any good at all.

------------------------
Paula- I wanted to add that quality of your recordings is very good. It sounds terrific. How did you do that?

#329209 - 07/20/11 12:20 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

How the hell Nigel puts up with this is beyond me, I have no more to add to this but I am glad you think it was Awesome synonymous( splendid), I was right Bill about SZ it scare the hell out of some people who go away and never come back, they just look and LOL, look at numbers.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water!

No more comments from me one this one, I’m out of here.

#329211 - 07/20/11 02:03 AM Re: New Web Page based on Tyros 4 [Re: Tony Hughes]
Princess Offline

Oh well The end of the drama?????? funny funny
a special thanks for Tony Hughes... I am not sorry I posted the web.site I love it,and I am so lucky to have the great T4 to play, because with having very little talent, it allowes me to entertain a group, it makes them happy and because of the T4, I can sound like a million,and I get paid for having all that fun,oh and by the way I also have high regards for the Korg Pa800 as well. Tony I will record your song some time this week should I post it on the SZ? I think I will that will get the ball a rollin again.. ha have a great day all, and bless each and every one of you..
LIFE IS GREAT....Paula

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online