SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#328927 - 07/16/11 06:37 PM Re: New PA3X Owner. [Re: rikkisbears]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Rikkis:

In the Guitar mode you have also the "Capo" function, that is if you want to let say, in a 12 strings guitar you have in the 4th, 5th and 6th strings a thin string and a wide string tune (same note) an octave apart, this allows you to do that too.

Or like in the Vihuela, same tuning of a guitar except there is not 6th string, and on the 5th string is tune an octave higher than the regular guitar, that gives the Vihuela a special sound.

I hardly can wait to put my hands on that PA3X. keys

#328929 - 07/16/11 08:10 PM Re: New PA3X Owner. [Re: mdorantes]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi mdorantes ( is it Manuel?)
I am aware of the Capo function, quite honestly haven't got a clue how it's supposed to be used. The only type of guitar mode patterns I've ever created on my PA800, were simple strum patterns, and intro's/endings. I don't even know where to put in the fret noises & thumps & bumps for realism. haahaa
Having said that, even the simple strum patterns sound better than one created using normal midi notes. I'm probably a typical keyboardist who would voice a guitar chord the same as a piano chord. I may need to learn guitar, in theory, if not in practice. haahaa

The PA3x manual is downloadable. Reference to Guitar Mode is in the smaller Advanced Manual, not the main one. I would say for anyone who creates Guitar mode tracks, this is probably quite an advancement, having a Guitar Mode Track also function as a normal midi track.

Love to hear your comments after you finally get to see one.

Originally Posted By: mdorantes
Hi Rikkis:

In the Guitar mode you have also the "Capo" function, that is if you want to let say, in a 12 strings guitar you have in the 4th, 5th and 6th strings a thin string and a wide string tune (same note) an octave apart, this allows you to do that too.

Or like in the Vihuela, same tuning of a guitar except there is not 6th string, and on the 5th string is tune an octave higher than the regular guitar, that gives the Vihuela a special sound.

I hardly can wait to put my hands on that PA3X. keys

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#329027 - 07/18/11 01:16 AM Re: New PA3X Owner. [Re: rikkisbears]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Yes....I am Manuel Dorantes.
I played guitar long time ago, I remember all the chord positions, but my fingers would have to pay their dues all over again, and that is a little painful.
My previous Guitar experience helps to figure how to use those functions.
Keeping in touch.

keys

#329076 - 07/18/11 03:06 PM Re: New PA3X Owner. [Re: mdorantes]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Manuel,
I figured you must have been a guitarist. You worked those functions out so easily.
The only way I can work out what a guitar mode function does, is record it it into a sequence, then check the resulting notation in a pc sequencer. Cumbersome,haahaa

We watched an amazing spanish guitarist the other night on Foxtel TV, a musician by the name of Benise. I'd never heard of him before. He was brilliant.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online