SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#327821 - 07/01/11 03:48 AM Lawyers - gotta love 'em
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

A very successful attorney parked his brand new Lexus in front of his office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he was getting out, a truck came along too closely and completely tore off the driver's door.

Fortunately, a cop in a police car was close enough to see the accident and pulled up behind the Lexus with his lights flashing. Before the cop had a chance to ask any questions, the attorney started screaming hysterically about how his Lexus, which he had just purchased the day before, was completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter how any car body shop tried to make it new again.

After the lawyer finally wound down from his rant, the cop shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe how materialistic you lawyers are," he said. "You are so focused on your possessions that you neglect the most important things in life."

"How can you say such a thing?" asked the lawyer.

The cop replied, "Don't you even realize that your left arm is missing? It was severed when the truck hit you!"

"OH, MY GOD," screamed the lawyer. "My Rolex!"

-------------------------------------------------------

chas

#327836 - 07/01/11 08:12 AM Re: Lawyers - gotta love 'em [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks for the chuckle, Chas. When my long-time lawyer and family friend passed away, it started...the biggest collection of arrogant incompetents imaginable!

One guy created a family revocable trust (cost: $5000.00-generated from a software-"fill in the blanks" package). 5 years later he hadn't even renamed the assets into the name of the trust.

Next dude was an ex IRS agent who specialized in breaking revocable trusts (an action taken because the first guy screwed up). He wanted to go to lunch for our first meeting. I picked up the tab. Late that week, I got a bill $592.50 for an 1 and 1/2 hour "conference". His rate: $395.00 and hour.

Another lawyer friend begged for work. He:

* Screwed up a 501(C) proposal-three years after starting, it's not done.

* Messed up a durable power of attorney and will to the extent that I had to go elsewhere to have it re-done.

* Messed up a deed on a piece of rental property. It's been in limbo for 3 years. Cost to me, about $30,000.00. He has no clue about what to do.

Yet another guy botched the probate of my father-in-laws estate to the point where we had to fire him and start over...still in process after over 2 years.

You can probably tell, lawyers are NOT my favorite folks!

R.
(did enjoy the "chuckle").

#328073 - 07/04/11 02:39 PM Re: Lawyers - gotta love 'em [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That's great Chas. Reminded me of this thread I posted over a year ago.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/89194/Disorder_In_The_Court#Post89194

#328078 - 07/04/11 03:52 PM Re: Lawyers - gotta love 'em [Re: cgiles]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Both very funny Nigel and Chas...thanks for the chuckle.

Ian

#328098 - 07/05/11 05:33 AM Re: Lawyers - gotta love 'em [Re: cgiles]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Good stuff, lol...

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online