SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#327725 - 06/30/11 06:27 AM TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
I am selling my Technics KN7000 - I purchased this keyboard from Joe Baron who never really liked it - his great love was the Technics KN2000. Therefore it was as new.

See - the "For Sale" section of forum for details. Joan

#327819 - 07/01/11 02:54 AM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: Joan]
Joan Offline

Hi John - I am selling my KN7000 because I had both a Technics KN7000 and a Yamaha Tyros3 and now due to back problems very rarely play either of them.

The Tyros3 I never really came to grips with it - far too different, and to me so many features that I never scratched the surface of playing/exploring these features.

I have been content to play the onboard settings and purchased styles for the KN7. I love the Technics keyboard KN7000, I have derived a lot of pleasure out of it over the years but the time has come to move on and I can see no purpose of having two keyboards sitting there not being used. I now have a Yamaha PSR S910 which should do me nicely - and therefore my KN7000 is surplus to requirements. Be assured that I have a great feeling for this KN7 and there will be a tear or two shed when it goes. Joan

#327858 - 07/01/11 12:28 PM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: Joan]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
Hi Joan.
You may regret selling the KN7 but they are fetching quite good prices on ebay at the moment.
I have still the CD you sent me when I got my first KN7 in 2002. I changed for a Tyros2 in 2005+ but have now gone back to the KN7 which is still more than a match for the Tyros.
Why not get a typist chair to use when playing it will help support your back?

regards
Peter B

#327889 - 07/02/11 04:19 AM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: peter b]
Joan Offline

Hi Peter - I remember corresponding with you. We exchanged some files. Are you still in the bakery business or have you retired now.

I have thought of putting it on EBAY and may do so.

I play sitting at a typist chair with a high mesh back - The problem with playing is not so much my back but my neck. Its no fun playing when you don't feel well. I have considered a neck collar perhaps that would help.

I, like most people my age I suspect, used to go and dance to the big bands on a Saturday night and who played 1920s to 1950s music. After learning to play from the age of 8 when I learnt piano and growing up on Perry Como, Donald Peers (remember him!) Frank Sinatra, there comes a time when however lovely the songs are, I have played them so many many times over the years. Beatles and Abba I also like.

You probably agree that if you don't feel well physically then it is an effort to play.

Still there is life in the old dog yet, to coin a phrase, who knows - perhaps I will regain my interest. I will play my newer simpler keyboard which may not have bells and whistles on it but it is simple to play. Thank you for your interest. Joan

#327890 - 07/02/11 05:56 AM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: Joan]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
You probably agree that if you don't feel well physically then it is an effort to play.
Joan

You are so right; there have been times when everything I played and programed sounded terrible. At those times I have to walk away because the enjoyment is no longer there.

IMHO, John C.

#327892 - 07/02/11 07:06 AM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: Joan]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
HiJoan.
Yes, I still have the Business but I retired about 8 years ago and my family run it now, although I still have some involvement.
I still have reasonable health although I came through a Heart attack and a triple bypass 3 years ago so I have been very lucky.
Nice to hear from you and take care.

Regards
Peter

#327893 - 07/02/11 07:42 AM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: Joan]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Hi Technicies! Sounds like many of us are becoming more and more "senior".....Life seems to happen that way! Number 80 coming up for me August 31!

Every Friday I play for 1.5 hours at a local Nursing Home where I have been playing for at least 7 years... My 2nd 7K is stored there. When I arrive with my little SD card and a notebook full of music.... The 7K is all set up ready to play and my audience is waiting!

At home I play daily for me and my Clyde cat and anyone else who wants to listen....

If I am feeling a bit "low".... playing some music takes me to another planet where the low feeling goes away... For me it is the best therapy available!

My Mom celebrated her 100th this past New Years Eve....I am very glad I have her genes and am healthy too! My plan is to live and play my 7K at least as long as she lives!

I think a lot of how we feel and how long we live in good health has to do with our attitude...

Elizabeth

#327916 - 07/02/11 04:06 PM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: Joan]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi All,

I quite agree with the comments made here. You never think it's going to happen to you do you?
I can remember laughing at some of the things my parents did and said in their senior years and now it's my turn - what was I going to say????

Seriously though Joan, I am more than sorry you still have your back problems, there is nothing more tiring and depressing than pain, but as Elizabeth said, it does help sometimes to be able to play a little while. It is very sad you are having to give up the KN7, but as you say the Yamaha PSR910 is a smaller keyboard for you to manage - better that, than nothing at all.

Changing the subject a little - have you heard from John Barr lately? I sent him a CD almost two months ago and have heard nothing at all. I do hope he is alright as he was feeling very poorly the last time I spoke with him. When you're able, perhaps you can let me know what the situation is please.

Give our regards to Bill and take care of yourselves.

Audrey

#327941 - 07/03/11 03:56 AM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: Audrey Turner]
Joan Offline

Hi Audrey - I have not heard from Johnnie for some time. Lovely chap - one I have yet to meet like others I have "MET" on this forum. If you read this Johnny please post here we would like to hear from you and Doreen. The last time I spoke to you Doreen had had a stroke but was feeling much better. This was some time ago.

In this instance it is a pity the world is such a large place - it would be lovely to meet what I think of as "Old Friends" - Nigel would certainly be one of them - what a super job he makes of this forum which allows us to "meet" one another and makes the large world seems much smaller.

Whether I sell my Technics or not I will still watch this forum to see what it happening - Joan

#328291 - 07/07/11 11:58 PM Re: TECHNICS KN7000 for sale, £1,000 [Re: Joan]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

I never realised I was old, until it was too late! ..... It just 'sort of' crept up on me !!! sofa

Just keep taking the tablets. frown

Regards to all,

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online