SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#327008 - 06/23/11 04:47 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Al
I transcribed myself over the years, absorv the style, then I play a lot of standars and latin in a smooth jazz "fashion" if you know what I mean. Altough I love to share a lot of music, since I move to Portugal I left a lot of paper behind (almost a houndred kilos of paper from the last 30 years! Man I write a lot of music... transcribing and arranging for salsa and merengue bands and for my own) To much to carry here. Where they are? I don´t know really...
Emigrate isn´t a good thing.
Best Regards
Jo

#327032 - 06/23/11 09:26 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Each one of us needs/wants something specific.....Me, I don't want in your face drums all the time...I wand very realistic instruments. for accomp and melody lines.

I don't play for dancers, or anyone else...I play for myself & Family/Friends. I play the quality music with feeling...standards/show tunes/musical theatrer/50's-60's and many intrumental renditions.

I am not a PRO gigging musician, I am a computer IT consultant/programmer.

My inspiration comes from playing a beautiful songs I like... with an instrument that has superb voicing.

I play mostly slower music where you can actually HEAR the sounds, and they can not have problems in timbre/vibrato etc.
Mu PA2 had LOTS of tech. issues with the sounds mostly bad samples...& sloppy programming...I won't go there again.

#327051 - 06/23/11 01:47 PM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
From what I heard the T-4 sounds richer, more fuller than previous T's

For me, drum patches are near the bottom of the list when considering an arranger. Nice to have cool drums, but #1 is Sounds #2 Styles, and Support #3 Sounds like a Yamaha T-4 to me

Side bar: audyaplayer (or anyone) What is the difference, if any, with the Korg pax3 Muzikant, and the PAX3 Pro?
sorry for the slight hijack

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online