SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#326912 - 06/21/11 05:17 PM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Lee - Telmo's the man! smile Love his work! He makes it look sooo easy! I'm a former music educator though I majored on sax. Spent 5+ years in the Air Force band program and then moved on to computer programming. So these days I play sax mostly (wedding gigs as a soloist and working in a restaurant a time or two a month). When I get booked for an inside reception I usually take my keyboard along to add some variety. I also use the Tyros for building backing tracks when I'm not "just enjoying playing it". Most of the music I play is light jazz/cocktail music which you can check out on my web site if you would like a listen. Here's a version of "Imagine" that I did using the T2 and my tenor sax:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TtpUDx0qPI

Bottom line - as a person who loves all kinds of music, I have found that all arrangers provide a wonderful option for creating music when you are not working w/a band.

PS - the very impressive stuff Telmo has posted helped seal my decision to go ahead and get myself a T4.....

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#326948 - 06/22/11 09:07 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Randy,
Now that's a superb performance! You are really a great PRO musician!
Just no way an arranger will ever sound like the real SAX...at that level anyways.

#326975 - 06/22/11 03:52 PM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks so much Lee! I really do love music and though I'm mostly a horn player, I love playing the arranger too. Glad you liked my "tribute" to the master, Mr. Lennon. When I get some time to clear out the packing stuff I'll put together a little video of the T4. I also agree with you that the sax is such an expressive instrument that there will always be a challenge associated w/getting the emotion working w/the sampled sounds. Thanks for checking out my song and for the kind words! Have a great week!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#326995 - 06/22/11 11:02 PM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: saxxman]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Brilliant

Col

#326998 - 06/23/11 01:13 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
audyaplayer Offline

Loc: Holland
I,ve sold my t4 for the new korg pax3 muzikant,i have also the Audya,
Audya is much more live on stage with huge pressure on drums and sounds,also the styles gives you an live experience.
The t4 has no pressure at al,and the eq is not deep enough,bassamples are not deep,Audya is much deeper,basedrums gives you much more pressure than the T4.
Recordings with both instruments,difference is hughes,Audya is live on cd and t4 is and still stays an home keyboard.
My opion,Yamaha go for an other direction,the tyros series are at the end of there latin.Much to expensive for what it gives.
Audyaplayer.

#327000 - 06/23/11 02:22 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi audyaplayer
I concur that Audya live sound, specially styles is amazing, but feel that the right hand sounds are very weak, destroying the illusion after all.
I remember a few years ago that I put several drum samples in my tyros2. Despite the almost an hour for loading them, the sound changed dramatically. And I also do my own styles, specially Latin ones. By the way, the Audya Latin styles are excellent but too dated.
So, I think I'll go with Tyros4 and a flash ram card. I already heard the Alto sax premium voice which I think is above anything other keyboard. I also do a lot of smooth, modern jazz (spyrogyra, ewf, sanborn, etc) and this sax sound is very close to the real deal. Put a good style with enough groove for 16 bars and voila! The Audya killer! Hehehe. Nah, just kidding
Thanks for your comments!
Best regards
Jose Pereira

#327001 - 06/23/11 02:56 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
audyaplayer Offline

Loc: Holland
Hey Jose,
Ít's only my feeling between these boards,i like the Audya and you go for the t4,btw i also plays sax as full pro musician,t4 nah,not even close.
But this is my opion.
have a nice day and keep on playing.
Audyaplayer.

#327002 - 06/23/11 03:05 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Ooh I almost forgot!
STABILITY. I had the Audya4 for 5 days and a the third day, it hangs with a very loud sound. Had to turn of. The nex days it worked ok
In 5 years using my Tyros2, NEVER failed. I think it says a lot...
I have to say that I owned a PA2X too. I liked the synth-workstation part of it, but as an arranger, sorry, not for me. The PA3X now have autofill and 4 fills which is closer to Yamaha and Ketron, but the overall sound I heard thru videos and mp3's seems so PA2X: too synthetic for my taste (for other music not synth based)
Well, it's just my opinion.
Thanks again!
Jose

#327003 - 06/23/11 03:18 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
Jose Pereira Offline

Audyaplayer
I'm a professional Jazz pianist, in the end, I HATE ARRANGERS! I'm the pianist, arranger and director of a 10 members Latin band (3 trombones) I know that neither keyboards or vst can replace a live band experience, it's just to "confuse" our brain that when the job is only for a omb or duo, you are behind a "good band" only that. I think the Audya is a great "player" with an attitude problem. I see Yamaha as a good player, with an easy caracter. Nothing special but you can count on it
Jo

#327006 - 06/23/11 04:29 AM Re: Tyros4 Owners: Your experience over previus Yamaha [Re: Jose Pereira]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi Joe,

I love your choice of music. Spyro Gyro is one of my all time favorite bands; just pure genius. Great synergy of smooth jazz and latin roots.

Where do you get your material/sheet music from for smooth jazz titles? There's not much out there or maybe i'm not looking in the right place.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online