Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Can't hear any difference, old ear's ?

Kind Regards

Col

Edited by Saswick (06/15/11 07:19 AM)

#326562 - 06/15/11 08:06 AM Re: Korg PA3x MaxxAudio demo [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
It's a tough place to put an audio demo, I recorded it with the on board mp3 recording, so you have that to take into account, then I uploaded to Youtube, which has their own compression / algorithm. So once it has passed all of these it probably will have less of an impact.

Although here with live speakers you here a massive difference.

#326567 - 06/15/11 09:18 AM Re: Korg PA3x MaxxAudio demo [Re: frankieve]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
You seem to hear the effect more here ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5q-QuMpTng

Regards

Col

#326568 - 06/15/11 09:53 AM Re: Korg PA3x MaxxAudio demo [Re: frankieve]
Dnj Offline

#326573 - 06/15/11 11:46 AM Re: Korg PA3x MaxxAudio demo [Re: Saswick]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Frank,
First of all a big thanks to you again for going out of your way to create & post this YouTube clip comparing MaxxAudio on & off.
Like Saswick though, I too wasn't able frown to detect (listening thru my Sennheiser HD650 Headphones) much, if any difference at all, between MaxxAudio enabled and disabled.

Originally Posted By: frankieve

here with live speakers you here a massive difference.
If somehow whataever improvement heard is loss due to MP3 compression, perhaps a WAV audio recorded & and posted clip would be better.
Short of that, can you please describe in words what the 'massive difference' is that you hear through your live speakers?

btw: I highly recommend Frank (Audioworks) to everyone here as he's not only a honest & reliable music dealer that cares about his customers (I purchased my Tyros 4 from him cool )
but he's been a terrific ten + year synthzone friend to everyone here as well. smile

#326575 - 06/15/11 12:35 PM Re: Korg PA3x MaxxAudio demo [Re: Scottyee]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Encode the file in flac format http://flac.sourceforge.net/ as this is a lossless format.

You can download a codec pack for your player here http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm if your player does not support it.

Alternatively download the VLC Player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ which will play most formats.

Bill

#326578 - 06/15/11 01:21 PM Re: Korg PA3x MaxxAudio demo [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
The Maxxaudio and Maxxbass are great add-on processors, if I can I will try to record it losseless, I was using the on board mp3 recorder.

Overall I think hardware wise I truthfully think Korg did a great job, I think content can be better,

Seems like most of the same styles are here, they do sound better, and there are some new ones.

Korg users/fans will love it, Yamaha fans will hate it. Ketron fans will still be looking for a floppy drive, just kidding, I love my Audya.

#326580 - 06/15/11 02:10 PM Re: Korg PA3x MaxxAudio demo [Re: frankieve]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: frankieve

Korg users/fans will love it, Yamaha fans will hate it.

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie..."hate" is such a strong word... blush

Actually, we Yamaha fans just think it sucks big time, that's all.

Just kidding...just kidding... wink

Seriously, the PA3X sounds great to my ears...it has the "Korg" sound, and it's a sound I've always liked, ever since my M1 and Wavestation days. It's a recognizable sound.

I think the availability of more styles (much like Yamaha's Premium sets) would help a lot with the minor style issue.

I'd like to see Korg do very well with this product, as competition is what drives these big companies, and we users always benefit.

Thanks again for the demos, and just maybe I'll get a chance to visit you in the new year...and, I'll buy the coffees.

Ian

#326590 - 06/15/11 04:27 PM Re: Korg PA3x MaxxAudio demo [Re: ianmcnll]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

I think the availability of more styles (much like Yamaha's Premium sets) would help a lot with the minor style issue.
Ian

Yep...a big +1 on this point. The after-market support from Yamaha is excellent in this regard. Both styles and SMFs.

Korg WERE doing well with style releases, but these all suddenly stopped with pack 15, which if memory serves, was about three years ago. They were free, so no complaints, but a user pay system like Yamaha has would encourage more programmers to write more styles.

So Korg could copy the Yamaha model and be quite successful imho.

Some of the new ones (styles) on the PA3 really should be heard..Brilliant!! The older ones have been tweaked out some, and do "sound" better, but the same actual note programming is evident.

Dennis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online