SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#326217 - 06/09/11 10:01 AM Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there?
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Installed OS update 4.2B on an Audya4.
Happy to announce that so far I have no found any bugs.
The issue that I experienced before, third parties styles becoming corrupted when trying to EDIT, is no longer there. I was able to modify a third party styles, saved it with another name and they both play as expected.

Thanks Ketron for the update and the people that notice, report and corrected the bugs.

#326219 - 06/09/11 10:29 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Machetero]
leezone Offline

Machetero,

did 4.2 fix the audio loop timings problem?

#326222 - 06/09/11 11:41 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Machetero]
Machetero Offline

I have no tested that issue yet, but they look more in sync now.

Edited by Machetero (06/09/11 11:42 AM)

#326228 - 06/09/11 12:39 PM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Machetero]
leezone Offline

hhmmm thinking about it,
not certain about audio timings being fixed yet

wouldn't all the problematic loops need to be reloaded/replaced, (with correctly cut loops)

making the update lots larger as in a few 100MB's worth?

AJ please chime in

#326251 - 06/09/11 05:40 PM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Machetero]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Installed 4.2b, all is good, still love this board!!! now for the new styles and updated features, come on!!!

#326262 - 06/10/11 02:58 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Machetero]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
My 4.2b update seems good, also.

#326275 - 06/10/11 08:22 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Machetero]
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
good morning all...
Here is where I'm at on all this. Got my Audya 4 several months ago and have enjoyed playing with it to the extent I can discover the secrets of all the features. At this point I'm lost in the understanding of all the new changes that are coming. We have the new OS, the new "pen" thing, the new "AJ" thing... can't keep track of what the details of each is and not knowing if I'd be better with them or without them especially when you consider the possible catastophic outcomes if the installations don't go right. Never had any of this to ponder with any of my previous Ketron equipment. If anything was going to be developed and made available to Audya owners it should be a complete and understandable reissue of the owners manual. What they have supplied so far might as well have been written in a language foreign to all of us and even that is only about 40% complete.

That's my 2 cents worth :-)
Gary

#326278 - 06/10/11 09:20 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Machetero]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Group,

Update 4.2B for my Audya 4 went smoothly! I did not uninstall anything, just downloaded from ketron.it and followed instructions.

Since I've not had any major problems w/my Audya4, I can't say what the update fixed!
Don P

#326284 - 06/10/11 11:10 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Machetero]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I was afraid of updating too, until I hooked up the Audya to my PC and started looking at what is involved in updating, whis is the .mem portion. It looks to me that if your machine is working properly, there should be no problem. If there is, delete it and run it through again.

I, like Don, don't see what the changes are, but I look at it like insurance. There must be a reason to issue it, and if and when I try and do something, there will be a better chance of it working correctly.

#326285 - 06/10/11 11:22 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: Bernie9]
Machetero Offline

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I was afraid of updating too, until I hooked up the Audya to my PC and started looking at what is involved in updating, whis is the .mem portion. It looks to me that if your machine is working properly, there should be no problem. If there is, delete it and run it through again.

I, like Don, don't see what the changes are, but I look at it like insurance. There must be a reason to issue it, and if and when I try and do something, there will be a better chance of it working correctly.

From the Ketron site (what the update do or fix):

NEW UPDATE 4.2B

1.Remarkable Improvement on Midi Clock send external Sync.
2.The present Play List is now annulled as soon a .mid, .wav or .mp3 is saved.
3.Whenever a Single or Block Registration is loaded, a Program Change is sent.
4.From this version on it will be no longer necessary to manually deactivate the Mp3 Transposer to avoid that while changing the Tempo of the Style being executed the pitch is modified. From now on the instrument does everything automatically.
5.During the Swell to Right the General Volume value that was active when this function was selected, remains in the memory.
6.The Footswitch was enriched with the following controls: Back/Forward Tab, Enter, File Up/Down, Sub Reg. Up/Down as well as all Tabs from F1 to F10.
7.New Reverb, Phaser and Flanger effects.
8.The Global Search now works correctly in the Registration area.
9.The User Audio Drums in the Registration can now be handled correctly.
10. For Vocalizer to Arranger the OFF value can be set.
11. The Expression Pedal curve was optimized.
12. In the Pattern Edit Menu the Quantize as well as the Pitch and
Modulation controls were improved.
13. The following functions were optimized: Registration, 2nd Voice, Separate
Outputs, Karaoke, Ins, Msp, Footswitch and many more.
14. The Audya 4 can be reset by pressing the Exit+User5/10 keys at the same
time.

#326286 - 06/10/11 11:27 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: leezone]
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Its looking like the answer to your question is no lee
That was major gripe of mine as well

Originally Posted By: leezone
Machetero,

did 4.2 fix the audio loop timings problem?

#326375 - 06/12/11 11:26 AM Re: Audya OS 4.2B Update...Houston are you there? [Re: gruhs]
Leibniz Offline

Loc: Jerusalem
I also fall short of understanding what those "pen" and the new "AJ" things are all about

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online