SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#326255 - 06/09/11 06:49 PM Re: TC Helicon and the Pa3x by tom Lang [Re: Robbo]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Robbo
The demo pa3x using the tc helicon was great, for the vocals, not sure it did anything for the keyboard though. It still sounds much the same as the pa2x or indeed not much better, i mean really, if you love this demo buy a Voice Live 2, its a hell of a lot cheaper, and will work with any midi keyboard. Really I Have a Yammy Tyros4 killer sounds, and Audya killer just about everything, I'm surprised that Korg didn't take the bull by the horns and come up with a killer, as they have with the Kronos. I will wait until PA4x before I will reconsider, hopefully they will get the message

I really don't know what you are talking about. I have the PA3X for 2 days now and he sounds amazing and very different then the PA2xpro.
And with all the great features you get with this keyboard what more do you want. Maby one that can make coffee?

#326257 - 06/09/11 09:06 PM Re: TC Helicon and the Pa3x by tom Lang [Re: FransN]
Leibniz Offline

Loc: Jerusalem
The problem I find with Korg PA's is that the midi styles seem to play the music somewhat mechanistically. Listen for example to the drums sound in the following video, especially during the fill at 0:06-0:09 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ts_aNoasE0

#326258 - 06/09/11 09:25 PM Re: TC Helicon and the Pa3x by tom Lang [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
According to the manual (p 21) it's a regular power cable.

Thank you Graham

#326260 - 06/09/11 09:50 PM Re: TC Helicon and the Pa3x by tom Lang [Re: Saswick]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
quote Franz "I really don't know what you are talking about. I have the PA3X for 2 days now and he sounds amazing and very different then the PA2xpro.
And with all the great features you get with this keyboard what more do you want. Maby one that can make coffee?
end quote"

Franz I'm really happy that you love the PA3X, my history with Korg in particular the 2APX when they were denying the led problems until it was overwhelming, and admitted it wasn,t good. Loved the sounds and the funtionability of the PA2X as it was then.

But what i am commenting about is that Korg have not taken a great step forward with this release, and even the official demo's sound ordinary at best, I may be wrong, and when I get the chance to play one it may be that they are ok. However, tell what the PA3x has that is new, mmmm updated TC Helicon yes, spoke about that in my previous post, black yes, good change, gives it more professional look and feel, sounds, now here it gets sticky, i can't for the life of me from the demo's I have heard say that it's a major improvement. Styles, lots of em, but once again would have been a great opp here for korg to change the story here, i think most of the styles are out of date, and a bit old hat to todays standards. Yes they did add the sounds from the retro SVi, good move no doubt.

But we are in the days of SSD drives and real loops and samples for sounds and styles, so this is where i think they are missing the boat. Nothing will please me more to come back to korg and a PA4X that offers some of the above features along with leading edge technology.

So don't get me wrong I'm happy you are happy with the PA3X, but its not gonna do it for me, as the Kronos that I have just ordered will, now thats what i'm talkin about.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online