SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#325832 - 06/03/11 01:02 PM Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I've been asked to perform (for an upcoming wedding gig) this beautifully romantic song so famously sung by the incomparable Jack Jones.
Does anybody here have a leadsheet with chords,the sheet music, and/or backing track of this song to share with me?
Thanks. - Scott cool

Lady, composed by Larry Kusik & Charles Singleton; lyrics by Bert Kaempfert & Herbert Rehbein

#325847 - 06/03/11 05:10 PM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Scottyee]
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
You have mail. Had to send a large file to get you the song you wanted. Hopefully it went through!!

Jack Jones is one of my favorites. Have his greatest hits CD with that one on it. Curiously enough my son got that CD for me while he was in SF.

Edited by JCkeeys (06/03/11 05:11 PM)

#325848 - 06/03/11 05:37 PM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Scottyee]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Shouldn't that be, composed by Bert Kaempfert & Herbert Rehbein; lyrics by Larry Kusik & Charles Singleton?

#325855 - 06/03/11 06:34 PM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Taike]
Scottyee Offline

JCkeeys: John, a Great BIG thanks smile for sending me the Ab leadsheet + book for this tune. Thanks also to Bob Hendershot for sending me his version as well. Thanks to you guys, I'm not only going to be able to fulfill a client request, but add a wonderful new tune to my repertoire as well. I'm initially thinking of utilizing the Tyros 4 "Movie Ballad" style for it. smile

Originally Posted By: Taike
Shouldn't that be, composed by Bert Kaempfert & Herbert Rehbein; lyrics by Larry Kusik & Charles Singleton?
No idea. confused1
I merely got my information from:

http://www.smartlyrics.com/Song326671-Jack-Jones-Lady-lyrics.aspx

http://www.lyricstime.com/jack-jones-lady-lyrics.html

#325860 - 06/03/11 07:16 PM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Scottyee]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Both websites are wrong.

Charles Singleton was a British lyricist who either wrote or co-wrote (often with Eddie Snyder) lyrics for several of Bert Kaempfert's greatest songs:

Strangers in the Night

Spanish Eyes (originally an instrudmental: Moon over Naples)

Remember When (We Made These Memories)

Lady

#325861 - 06/03/11 08:01 PM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
I'm not only going to be able to fulfill a client request, but add a wonderful new tune to my repertoire as well. I'm initially thinking of utilizing the Tyros 4 "Movie Ballad" style for it. smile

Scott,

No matter who wrote it, it is a terrific tune, and one I am going to add to my repetoire as well.

Jones sure knew how to deliver a song.

I wonder if Donny (DNJ) does this tune?

I think he'd do a great job of it as well.

Ian

#325882 - 06/04/11 08:42 AM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Ian I haven't done this tune since it came out years ago and was popular,great tune, easy to figure out, well spread out vocal range, also alot of 1967 tunes have that same rhythm & sound from like this Vicky Carr song "It Must Be Him"..... Good luck.

Edited by Dnj (06/04/11 08:52 AM)

#325883 - 06/04/11 09:58 AM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Taike: Both interesting and enlightening to learn that Bert Kaempfert was not only a orchestral band leader but composer as well, who wrote the music to more than a few well known songs of the 1960's. I had 'no idea' till now that he wrote 'Spanish Eyes' & 'Strangers In The Night', both songs included in my repertoire. The only song I previously thought tied to him was 'A Swingin' Safari'. These kind of interesting tidbits can make for interesting onstage commentary patter when introducing a song, as I'm always getting people coming up after I perform to express their appreciation when I share these kind of (often little known) facts, so I really appreciate the heads up that is was Bert Kaempfert who composed the music for: "Lady".

#325888 - 06/04/11 11:40 AM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Ian I haven't done this tune since it came out years ago and was popular,great tune, easy to figure out, well spread out vocal range, also alot of 1967 tunes have that same rhythm & sound from like this Vicky Carr song "It Must Be Him"..... Good luck.

Speaking about songs with "Him" in the title...I do this one by Rupert Holmes...great old tune...works very nice instrumentally too. It was a pretty big hit.

#325889 - 06/04/11 12:05 PM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: ianmcnll]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I do this one by Rupert Holmes...great old tune...works very nice instrumentally too. It was a pretty big hit.

Hi Ian, not heard that one before so thanks for the heads up on that one.
The Rupert Holmes tune I'm most familiar with, but which I think might benefit from a minor lyrics update,
from old time paper want ad 'personals' to now connecting up via the internet is "Escape (The Pina Colada Song). grin
I've considering adding this one for the summertime outdoor gigs. Anybody here do this one? cool

#325899 - 06/04/11 03:59 PM Re: Lady, sung by Jack Jones (Sheet Music Request) [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

This is the biggest Summer song I get requests for by

Sammy&Lorrie - He Drinks Tequila, She Talks Dirty in Spanish !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online