SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#325850 - 06/03/11 05:54 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#325852 - 06/03/11 06:09 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
All I have to do is listen to Telmos demos...and I know it's the sound I like (T4).
I guess if I was a kid, liked heavy metal or any heavy modern music, I may, jusy May have a different need...but I am NOT.
Since I play for myself, and family (not drunkun dancers at a wedding etc) and like music like Telmo & Robbie does (and many others here) .....I don't for sure want drums that blow me off my seat....don't like that kind of live music and don't like that kind of arranger music.

I do like instruments that sound great and as much like the real thing as possible...WHEN PLAYING my kind of music.

#325853 - 06/03/11 06:16 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Lee ...did you order a T4 yet or already have one.. and sell what you have?..or?...

#325856 - 06/03/11 06:44 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
leezone Offline

Dnj,

no disrespect to anyone who has one or loves their T4

i have used one along with my AUDYA at a gig, 400+ people/wedding, with my 4000W sound system

in ALL honesty, the AUDYA blew the Yamaha away...
the Yamaha does not sound real and full through a REAL PA,
it does not give that "live" sound as my AUDYA
not knocking the Yamaha sound, it sounds good, but nowhere near the AUDYA for realism

it was VERY evident in the reaction/crowd on the dancefloor

i'm not saying the yamaha isn't good for CERTAIN types of gigs, maybe smaller gigs, ambient music, or OTHER types of music

BUT, to pack the dance floor, with the music I PLAY,

AUDYA is the ONLY keyboard that can make a party a PARTY !!!

so i use what creates results, and more gigs, my BELOVED AUDYA,

my G-70 is in second place :-)

#325858 - 06/03/11 06:50 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Wasn't my question directed to leeboy?...sorry for the confusion. Enjoy your Audya.

#325859 - 06/03/11 07:14 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
leezone Offline

ye, i see it was for leeboy, not leezone...

but i just wanted to let you know I LOVE MY AUDYA smile

#325864 - 06/03/11 10:29 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: leezone]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: leezone
ye, i see it was for leeboy, not leezone...

but i just wanted to let you know I LOVE MY AUDYA smile

Yes, but do you REALLY LOVE IT?

Or is it just infatuation?

Seriously, I'm glad to see you're happy with it, Lee...it's sometimes hard to get exactly what we want, and it's the rare person who does.

I lucked out as well, with the Tyros4, so I guess we are both fortunate.

Ian

#325865 - 06/03/11 11:25 PM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: leezone]
nielshs Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
Dnj,

no disrespect to anyone who has one or loves their T4

i have used one along with my AUDYA at a gig, 400+ people/wedding, with my 4000W sound system

in ALL honesty, the AUDYA blew the Yamaha away...
the Yamaha does not sound real and full through a REAL PA,
it does not give that "live" sound as my AUDYA
not knocking the Yamaha sound, it sounds good, but nowhere near the AUDYA for realism

it was VERY evident in the reaction/crowd on the dancefloor

i'm not saying the yamaha isn't good for CERTAIN types of gigs, maybe smaller gigs, ambient music, or OTHER types of music

BUT, to pack the dance floor, with the music I PLAY,

AUDYA is the ONLY keyboard that can make a party a PARTY !!!

so i use what creates results, and more gigs, my BELOVED AUDYA,

my G-70 is in second place :-)

I have exactly the same experience. People don't like unrealistic and polished sound, but they want the real thing.

#325870 - 06/04/11 02:36 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: leeboy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: leeboy
All I have to do is listen to Telmos demos...and I know it's the sound I like (T4).
I guess if I was a kid, liked heavy metal or any heavy modern music, I may, jusy May have a different need...but I am NOT.
Since I play for myself, and family (not drunkun dancers at a wedding etc) and like music like Telmo & Robbie does (and many others here) .....I don't for sure want drums that blow me off my seat....don't like that kind of live music and don't like that kind of arranger music.

I do like instruments that sound great and as much like the real thing as possible...WHEN PLAYING my kind of music.

Lee, you won't be disappointed with the Tyros4.

It is the best arranger Yamaha has made so far, in my opinion.

I play music of all genres, and the Tyros4 works incredibly good for me...lots of astonishingly real saxophones (with two new sopranos), beautiful and expressive guitars, sumptuous electric and acoustic pianos, stunningly smooth strings, hauntingly real choirs, breathtaking brass, new and punchy drums, and true-to-life styles to allow you to fully express yourself in any genre.

I could go on, but, you already know how the Tyros4's sound captures the ear and the heart, from listening to Telmo and Robbie expertly showcase the instrument's vast capabilities.

The music you love to play will sound as it should on a Tyros4.

I am totally happy with mine, as are many others on this forum, and other forums as well; plus, the third party support is the best you'll find...just ask anyone with a Tyros of any generation...it's like a close community, where we share all our ideas, tips and tricks, styles, sounds, and of course, our music.

Please let me know as soon as you get your Tyros4.

Ian

#325872 - 06/04/11 03:37 AM Re: Audya - Tyros - KORG SMF test comparison.. [Re: Dnj]
nielshs Offline

Latest news: Tyros 5 will be released 2012.

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online