SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#325440 - 05/31/11 12:57 AM Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I'd like to know which of the two instruments you have or have had and how you set your style volume.

I'm finding that the factory settings for right hand is too loud compared to the style on the Tyros 2.

I have been setting the style volume lately between 106 and 109.

I'm especially interested because I am now setting up my keyboard so all songs will be saved in the registration memory buttons. One song per bank. This way I can save all the different parameters. Also, I am going to use Michael Bedesems Open Text which will allow me to choose the song/registration and it will bring up the pdf lead sheet on my laptop, all in one step.

Soon, I expect to get a Tyros 4 and am wondering if my settings will be ok or if I'll need to redo the style volumes.

My plan is to have everything set to go and knowing the T2 styles and voices will work immediately on the T4. Then I can take my time seeing which styles I want to use that are onboard the T4.

#325449 - 05/31/11 05:03 AM Re: Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners [Re: Scott Langholff]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have the Tyros 2. I set the style volume between 60-70. RH volume is a 100 up to whatever the highest setting is. I use the volume pedal all the time to adjust. For example the acoustic guitars I always need bring almost all the way up, trumpets down.

Thats really exciting news about the Tyros 4. Enjoy!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325451 - 05/31/11 05:32 AM Re: Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners [Re: montunoman]

Thanx for the input montunoman. I realize these answers will be a very relative thing. But, I can't imagine your styles being set that soft, unless you've brought all the right hand down softer than factory type settings?

#325452 - 05/31/11 05:54 AM Re: Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners [Re: Scott Langholff]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I find the right hand voices mostly too soft in the T4,with slider too max ,and playing with expression pedal.

Impuls

#325454 - 05/31/11 06:12 AM Re: Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners [Re: Scott Langholff]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Scott,

I'm curious, as I'm trying out different ways of saving song setups. Are you going to use all eight buttons in registrations for one (1) song? or one song 1 button?

On my T4, the acoustic guitars and some woodwinds are mostly too soft, while electric guitars as well as organs, strings, some accordions and trumpets are too loud.

Don P

#325462 - 05/31/11 07:43 AM Re: Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners [Re: donpatt]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: donpatt
On my T4, the acoustic guitars and some woodwinds are mostly too soft, while electric guitars as well as organs, strings, some accordions and trumpets are too loud.

Don P

Yes, I find this true as well. I adjust the style volume with the master volume knob. The RH I adjust with the volume pedal.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325482 - 05/31/11 01:24 PM Re: Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners [Re: donpatt]

Originally Posted By: donpatt
Hi Scott,

I'm curious, as I'm trying out different ways of saving song setups. Are you going to use all eight buttons in registrations for one (1) song? or one song 1 button?

Don P

Hi Don

I'm setting one song per each registration bank, using only button # 1. I have basically one set of registrations that I use on the fly for everything. I do not plan on changing the voices I have saved in registrations 1-8 as it becomes too hard to remember which reg has what sound. This works great playing on the fly. I know some people will use all there reg mem buttons to be used in a unique setting for each individual songs, but since I rarely play things the same everytime, the way I described allows me to get around easily and smoothly on any song.

The only time I might consider using all 8 buttons for a style is if I save one style and song per button to be able to advance to the next song very rapidly. If I do that, I'll have to keep turing the freeze button off and on to allow my 8 right hand registrations to be used over and over on each song. I think I may try this out to see how I like it, but it's very likely that I will not use this particular method as I tend to change my set list on the fly anyway so this could be too many factors to be dealing with going back and forth all the time.

My basic idea is to keep it simple and to be able to do things repeatedly with little thought involved.

Edited by Scott Langholff (05/31/11 02:03 PM)

#325483 - 05/31/11 01:32 PM Re: Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners [Re: montunoman]

This basically must be true of all Tyros models. The other thing that happens is volume between different styles can jump around more than I like.

This may be more noticable to some players. My guess the average hobbyist doesn't even consider or notice this as an issue.

#325484 - 05/31/11 01:37 PM Re: Tyros 2 & Tyros 4 owners [Re: Scott Langholff]
Dnj Offline

Scot this is why arrangers with Good quality SLIDERS like the Audya, KORG Pa3x make it much easier for the live player to control lead voices on the fly.....

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online