SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#325309 - 05/29/11 12:39 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
nielshs Offline

Hi

It's the sound coming out of the PA speakers that means something to me. The Aydya has a much warmer and fuller sound, and the audio loops (drums, bas and guitar) makes it sound more like a real band. Isn't that we all want, to sound as realistic as possibil? In this contence the Audya blows the T4 away in my opinion.

#325312 - 05/29/11 12:50 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: nielshs
The Aydya has a much warmer and fuller sound, and the audio loops (drums, bas and guitar) makes it sound more like a real band.
The remaining obstacle for me not purchasing a Ketron Audya keyboard yet is its reputed poor reliability (reported by more than a few people I know) and reported poor aftermarket support and repair turnaround, especially since there are no dealers or authorized repair centers in my local area (San Francisco Bay Area).

#325316 - 05/29/11 01:08 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi

It's the sound coming out of the PA speakers that means something to me. The Aydya has a much warmer and fuller sound, and the audio loops (drums, bas and guitar) makes it sound more like a real band. Isn't that we all want, to sound as realistic as possibil? In this contence the Audya blows the T4 away in my opinion.

Of course the sound an instrument makes through our speakers is very important to most of us here, if not all.

However, just because you think the Audya blows away the Tyros4, doesn't mean that it's true for everyone...and calling the Tyros4 a "plastic toy" is insulting to anyone who has bought one and really likes the instrument. However, you are entitled to your opinion, even if it isn't accurate.

Personally, I think the Audya is a fine instrument, in it's own right, but I really don't think it "blows away" the Tyros4.

In fact, to those of us who own and play Tyros4, the Audya isn't even a small puff of wind...yet, we don't need to throw that fact in your face over and over.

We also wouldn't be crass enough call the Audya a "tinny toy" because Ketron doesn't have the progressive technology to make it out of plastic. wink

Yes, we have our differences, but wouldn't you agree that we'd get much more mileage, and far less friction out of our threads and posts, if we took more time to identify with other players, rather than compare?

Ian

#325319 - 05/29/11 01:15 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

The remaining obstacle for me not purchasing a Ketron Audya keyboard yet is its reputed poor reliability (reported by more than a few people I know) and reported poor aftermarket support and repair turnaround, especially since there are no dealers or authorized repair centers in my local area (San Francisco Bay Area).

They won't even carry the line at all here in Eastern Canada, and arrangers are very popular here.

Dealers quote poor reliability, and dismal support, as the main reasons for not carrying the product.

It may sound wonderful, but if it's going to sit on a repairman's table for much of it's life, I don't think having a warm full sound is going to make up for it.

Ian

#325320 - 05/29/11 01:17 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
nielshs Offline

Hi Scott

I know lot of Audya player reporting that it works almost perfect. Those reporting problems here at SZ are the same 4-5 people, and most of the time it's not bugs they have found but a wrong way how they operate the keyboard.

Edited by nielshs (05/29/11 01:19 PM)

#325322 - 05/29/11 01:32 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: ianmcnll]
nielshs Offline

Hi Ian

The poor reliability issue is IMHO only rumors and nothing more. I had no prolems with my Audya so far. The first dealer I spoke to said "don't buy it, it's full of bugs etc.", but it was not. I think it's a shame if Ketron has to go out of buisness because of those rumors. confused

#325324 - 05/29/11 01:47 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
ianmcnll Offline

Hi Ian

The poor reliability issue is IMHO only rumors and nothing more. I had no prolems with my Audya so far. The first dealer I spoke to said "don't buy it, it's full of bugs etc.", but it was not. I think it's a shame if Ketron has to go out of buisness because of those rumors. confused

If they are only rumors, Nielshs, then that is a shame.

The dealers I spoke with were quite hesitant to bring Ketron in, especially when they already have product that sells very well, has factory support with clinician help available before and after the sale, and has very few, if any, issues of reliability, rumored or otherwise.

What can Ketron do to eliminate these rumors?

Ian

#325330 - 05/29/11 02:10 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: ianmcnll]
nielshs Offline

I think it's very difficult to get rid of those rumors. The only who can get Ketron back on the right track is the Audya owners. I'm one of them and will do almost evrything (even slas the T4 grin ) to tell keyboard players the advantages of the Audya compared to the others brands. But it's obviously more interesting for some users to tell about some minor bugs instead. They can't understand that no keyboard is perfect.

Edited by nielshs (05/29/11 02:11 PM)

#325337 - 05/29/11 02:49 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
Dnj Offline

I think it's very difficult to get rid of those rumors. The only who can get Ketron back on the right track is the Audya owners. I'm one of them and will do almost evrything (even slas the T4 grin ) to tell keyboard players the advantages of the Audya compared to the others brands. But it's obviously more interesting for some users to tell about some minor bugs instead. They can't understand that no keyboard is perfect.

lets face it the only way to deter the Ketron rumors is to ..

1- Make them more "available worldwide" in Dealerships so people can play them..this is the most important thing......if they are worthy in sound & features people will search them out and buy buy buy...

2- Improve service customer relations

3- Bring it's features up to date with the competition

4- Make it more "out of the box" ready to play for beginners and pros alike

I have personally performed with many Ketron products, and my good friend Prince AJ has demoed all these units including the Audya line for me & consulted with us about how they can be improved. Honestly I really like the Audya 5 once you tame her and you know what your doing you'll have a super arranger.....some really cool features that no one has...at this time it's between the Tyros 4 & Audya 5... but I'm a bit weary and want to wait just a little bit more as there is too much on the near horizon in technology to jump the gun..
enjoy what you play.

#325338 - 05/29/11 02:50 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Funny also this tiny word 'plastic' proves to be a HUGE catalyst.
In this thread no one stated the T4 is the 'best in the world' and no one asked for your opinion Niels

I owned Solton/Ketron instruments, experienced problems and the lack of support/service, many self-repairs needed on power-supplies, LCD displays, diskdrives, buttons, keyswitches etc.)
The T4 is my choice because of the model, hardware quality, weight (plastic), ease of use(r interface), dealer support, sound & style quality..... may I?

Let's enjoy or instruments and forum please??

Edited by kla4 (05/29/11 02:51 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online