Topic Options
#325246 - 05/29/11 06:15 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Roel, nice recording..great job..

#325247 - 05/29/11 06:16 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: nielshs]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: nielshs
If you can't hear that the Audya has a more realistic and real sound than the T4 from the demos around, you have forgotten how real music sounds. You have lost your soul to a plastic toy for semi-pro and home musicans. keys

The ten days of Christmas starts!

" on the first day of Christmas our family a had a row "

I can feel one comin on!!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#325258 - 05/29/11 08:19 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: nielshs
If you can't hear that the Audya has a more realistic and real sound than the T4 from the demos around, you have forgotten how real music sounds. You have lost your soul to a plastic toy for semi-pro and home musicans. keys

The ten days of Christmas starts!

" on the first day of Christmas our family a had a row "

I can feel one comin on!!!

The best part of it is Tony, is these comments are coming from, what some have called, a "master baiter"...

Or, something resembling that remark.

Some say, that trying to converse with this type is merely taking "the bait", and a total waste of good forum space.

One would hope that Roel can see through all this malarkey...gee, all one has to do is read back a bit to it's earlier posts...same behavior.

Ian

#325284 - 05/29/11 09:43 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Well.... pretty disappointing that N. is not capable to create/record some stuff to blow away the T4 sounds/styles.
Hard to believe how this guy's opinion was a couple of years ago, took a 180 degree turn and now takes every opportunity to slam wherever he can.
While starting the topic I predicted (for myself) he would be around in the thread..... I was right!

#325287 - 05/29/11 10:20 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: kla4
Well.... pretty disappointing that N. is not capable to create/record some stuff to blow away the T4 sounds/styles.
While starting the topic I predicted (for myself) he would be around in the thread..... I was right!

Yeah, Roel, some people are very predictable...and, believe me, this type is not worth wasting your time on.

You are far above that level...I really enjoyed your medley, and how it showed off the excellent styles and voices of the Tyros4.

And, thank you again, for the inspiration, and motivation, to post a tune...I'm sure I'm not the only one you inspired, and perhaps we'll see some more tunes done by others, and hopefully, on other kinds of arrangers.

Ian

#325290 - 05/29/11 10:49 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Funny, but I clearly recall hearing Nielshs music and being 'very impressed' with both his performance & the sound of his (Roland G70?) keyboard.
I don't recall a SMF being used, but instead, performed in auto accompaniment mode.
Nielshs, perhaps you can re-post your song(s) again. I for one really 'enjoyed' it. smile

Though I don't agree with Nielshs' assessment about Tyros 4 (afterall, I do own one and love the sound),
since he owns/owned both a T3 (but not a T4 wink ) and G70 at the same time, I respect his personal opinion, albeit bluntly presented.
Frankly I could care less what fellow members prefer or play, but instead admire what peope can do on the instrument they actually play.
As Montunoman stated in his sig: It's not the keyboard but the keyboardist that matters the most. cool

#325291 - 05/29/11 11:09 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
nielshs Offline

Originally Posted By: kla4
Hard to believe how this guy's opinion was a couple of years ago, took a 180 degree turn and now takes every opportunity to slam wherever he can.

Hi Roel

I'm capable, so just tell me what song you want me to record. smile
I don't take every opportunity to slam, but just trying to tell you Tyros guys that you don't own the best keyboard of the arranger market. When I bourght the Audya I still got the T3 and could easily make a comparison. Compared I was blown away by the sound from the Aydya and was surprised how thin my T3 sounded. Maybe it's not easy to hear in the demos around, but through a good PA the Audya is the absolut winner.

Edited by nielshs (05/29/11 11:12 AM)

#325292 - 05/29/11 11:11 AM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
nielshs Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Funny, but I clearly recall hearing Nielshs music and being 'very impressed' with both his performance & the sound of his (Roland G70?) keyboard.
I don't recall a SMF being used, but instead, performed in auto accompaniment mode.
Nielshs, perhaps you can re-post your song(s) again. I for one really 'enjoyed' it. smile

Though I don't agree with Nielshs' assessment about Tyros 4 (afterall, I do own one and love the sound),
since he owns/owned both a T3 (but not a T4 wink ) and G70 at the same time, I respect his personal opinion, albeit bluntly presented.
Frankly I could care less what fellow members prefer or play, but instead admire what peope can do on the instrument they actually play.
As Montunoman stated in his sig: It's not the keyboard but the keyboardist that matters the most. cool

Thanks Scott smile

#325302 - 05/29/11 12:03 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

Yes, I heard Nielshs's music, and it was basically pretty good, although a tad sterile and a bit emotionless...probably due to that "bluntness" in personality being carried over into the presentation/interpretation of music.

However, a bit of talent shouldn't be an excuse to slam keyboards over and over...especially since sound is strictly a personal choice and preference.

Impressed by his playing? It was good, I agree. smile

Impressed by his manners. Nope, I'm afraid not. smirk

Scott, I deal with professionals nearly everyday, from all over the world, and we always share the basic skills of politeness, in spite of language and cultural differences...but, I guess having this skill isn't as well distributed among pros as I thought, or our lad isn't as professional as he likes to pretend he is.

And yes, I agree...Montunoman is right...it's not the keyboard but keyboardist that matters the most.

Ian

PS...T3 and T4 are markedly different, so owning/playing a T3 doesn't really qualify anyone to judge the Tyros4, in my opinion.

#325304 - 05/29/11 12:23 PM Re: A full plastic 'keyboard' [Re: kla4]
Dnj Offline

No its the keyboard And The player....and how he operates it.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online