SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#325066 - 05/27/11 09:34 AM What Don't you like about Tyros 4?
Dnj Offline

It seems no one ever mentions the downside of Tyros 4...and I know there are things people would like or dislike about this unit. I have a few things I'd like changed on my S910 that are still IMO problems on Tyros 4.....the MFD that wont save transpose, ability to play style,SMF, Mp3 simultaneously, Bigger display screen, & I've given up on the VH/VH2 processor altogether. Tyros 4 is a very nice unit but it needs improvement....I hope that happens in future offerings very soon.

#325067 - 05/27/11 10:06 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
After having the Tyros4 for a few months now, I'd say the only thing I would want changed (but it can easily be worked around with a foot-switch) is the DSP-Variation switch moved to the lower left hand side of the keyboard.

So far, all I have seen is improvements over previous models. Much, much better Vocal Harmony, sweeter and more detailed overall sound, an even easier to use Audio Recorder, improved Multi-Pad control.

I've never had the need to play style, SMF and MP3 simultaneously, but that's not to say it isn't important to someone else.

Another disappointment were some of the new SA Strings voices, although, again, I have found a way around that, and actually many of the new SA string voices are very nice combined with the older Live! Strings.

Also, I find the memory expansion to be quite expensive.

No arranger is perfect, but I have to say, the Tyros4 is probably closer than any other I've played.

Ian

#325069 - 05/27/11 10:17 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
1. The price
2. The color
3. The width
4. lack of new authentic Latin styles

I'm not sure if those vocal backgrounds would work for me or not.

Overall I think it's a good improvement from my T2. If I were a doctor or lawer I'd buy one:)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325071 - 05/27/11 10:34 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
1. Lack of really good country styles
2. No decent foot pedal available. Need a six or seven function switch similar to Ketron or Roland. NOT MFC10
3. For the most part, I could do without the vocals in many of the styles.

Don P

#325072 - 05/27/11 10:53 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
The annoying sound glitch which often occurs when changing panel memories when you need to hold a note until the last moment.

I would like the sound to change (without the glitch), only when I release the note I'm holding.

This isn't a problem on my Technics KN7000 which is an old keyboard now so surely Yamaha can sort this problem out.
Tony

#325073 - 05/27/11 10:53 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Inability of a Music Finder record to call up a REG Bank file frown

no other complaints. smile

Originally Posted By: Anthony Johnson
The annoying sound glitch which often occurs when changing panel memories when you need to hold a note until the last moment.
Anthony, I was able to eliminate that problem by assigning the different instrument voices to RT1, RT2, and RT3, so when changing panel memories, the same RT1,2,3 voices are retained, but simply activated/deactivated when changing to another REG panel memory. cool

#325080 - 05/27/11 12:58 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

For me the sound is not an issue.....I am happy with that over any arranger on the market, keyfeel is also fine for my light playing style......I'd love to hear someone play an Audya or Korg arranger in the style of Thelmo's Tyros 4 complex arrangements...I don't think it's possible, but I'd be impressed if it was.
Another thing I don't like is the wasted real estate on Yamaha keyboards Tyros is too big overall in size., look at the wasted space on the display it should be fully utilized Imo from top to bottom and touch screen also.. The color I could live with but charcoal gray or black is my preference. Do we really need the silly icons also? I would also like all inputs/outputs on the rear ALL to one side or the other like KORG Pa800 etc, units,....makes it more accessible when using a center post KB stand like my Apex, etc. Most of my needs for Tyros, or S Series are Design flaws & Navigational corrections. NOT sound and styles....except for the silly vocal voices. And for the price premium styles should be afforded to all owners for a very minimal cost.

Edited by Dnj (05/27/11 01:26 PM)

#325084 - 05/27/11 01:21 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sounds, build quality (plastic), planned obsolescence, color.

That's about it (LOL!

R.

(OH, and PRICE!).

Edited by captain Russ (05/27/11 01:26 PM)

#325087 - 05/27/11 01:24 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Sounds, build quality (plastic), planned obsolescence, color.
That's about it (LOL!
R.

Russ have you ever owned or performed with a Tyros/S series model arrangers I don't recall you ever mentioning it?

Edited by Dnj (05/27/11 01:25 PM)

#325104 - 05/27/11 02:48 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Scottyee]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Anthony, I was able to eliminate that problem by assigning the different instrument voices to RT1, RT2, and RT3, so when changing panel memories, the same RT1,2,3 voices are retained, but simply activated/deactivated when changing to another REG panel memory. cool

I know that will work Scott but sometimes I need a complete change of voices and feel that we shouldn't be tied to certain registration panel voices when they are not what we want because of constraints in the operating system.

As I said, old Technics boards have no problem when using any voices you care to choose so I'm surprised that Yamaha can't manage the same all these years later.
Tony

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online