SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#325280 - 05/29/11 09:34 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I'm sure one of the many new Korg PA3X owners would be more than glad to show you how the Chord Sequencer works, Donny.

I have sent your recommendations to Yamaha already, so, let's hope you get what you want in a future Tyros or PSR.

Ian

I have sent numerous emails also to Yamaha upon deaf ears...who knows maybe TYROS 9 will have a few of these improvements? confused

#325283 - 05/29/11 09:41 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, Donny, all we can do is ask...meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy the instrument for what it is, not what I would wish it to be.

The latter is a waste of precious time.

Ian

#325288 - 05/29/11 10:21 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: ianmcnll]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: Dnj
When I hear someone play it I Might change my mind...but up till now.....I'm not a fan at all.
Donny, I kinda of recall the PA3X's chord sequencer being demonstated in one of those Namm(?) videos. confused1
Either way, I'm anxious for Korg to showcase this feature in one of their upcoming official PA3X videos,
as imo, it's the 'most appealing' improvement of this model.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mind you, I can live without it, but I can live without lobster too...but it is nice to have it on the menu.

Yeah Ian cool , and I suppose I could live without your live fresh flown in from 'Prince Edward Island' mussels too, but now that I've had them,
I gotta keep havin' them (steamed in white wine, garlic, shallots, spinach and pastis. Delicious!
I suspect having an 'on the fly' while performing auto accompaniment 'Chord Sequencer' feature will have the same effect. headphone

#325289 - 05/29/11 10:48 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Mind you, I can live without it, but I can live without lobster too...but it is nice to have it on the menu.

Yeah Ian cool , and I suppose I could live without your live fresh flown in from 'Prince Edward Island' mussels too, but now that I've had them,
I gotta keep havin' them (steamed in white wine, garlic, shallots, spinach and pastis. Delicious!
I suspect having an 'on the fly' while performing auto accompaniment 'Chord Sequencer' feature will have the same effect. headphone

Ah, Scott, that looks so good. Many a night on PEI, we were digging in to "a feed" of mussells.

It's hard to imagine, but lobster was actually food that was eaten by the poorer population...it was not considered the delicacy it is today.

Many were tossed back when they got caught up in the trawler nets, or taken home and eaten by the fisherman's family.

Now, it one of the most expensive seafoods.

I have a few "feeds" of lobster every season...I like it cooked (boiled), shelled, and then sauteed in butter until a tiny bit crispy. YUM!

Ian

#325293 - 05/29/11 11:29 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Watch out for the GOUT with all the shell fish frown

#325301 - 05/29/11 11:58 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Good point Donny. cool Thankfully I can only afford to eat these shellfish treats occasionally anyway.

#325305 - 05/29/11 12:25 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I just got over 4 weeks of Gout Flareups in both feet, been on major meds to control Uric Acid in the body...it ain't no picnic, OUCH!!! was using crutches at one point....watch what you eat my friends !

#325306 - 05/29/11 12:28 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I don't think a loop function would be "cheating" anymore than using styles, canned intro/endings, SMF, MP3/audio backing tracks...

For me it would be great- I could do two hand montunos or any type of chord voicings I wanted to. It would free me up so much. I'm really liking the idea. Maybe a Korg is in my future? smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325307 - 05/29/11 12:34 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Yes, darn good point, Donny.

I eat shellfish very moderately...in fact, I eat everything in moderation. My weakness is the occasional big bowl of sliced strawberries and have them covered with Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk...especially nice in the summer months.

Gout, from what I understand, is very painful.

Ian

#325308 - 05/29/11 12:35 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: montunoman]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
Maybe a Korg is in my future? smile

The PA3X's 'chord sequencer' feature alone is one reason I'm still keeping a close eye on the possibility of auditioning one myself soon.
And NO, the purpose for the chord sequencer is not for cheating at all, but on the contrary,
giving us the ability to actually play left & right hand traditional keyboard comping patterns LIVE. cool

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online