SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#325204 - 05/28/11 06:12 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I guess it's too late to edit my reply but the F major should read: EGAD (7,9,3,6)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325209 - 05/28/11 08:50 PM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
What I don't like about the Tyros 4?
I don't own one.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#325254 - 05/29/11 08:08 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I started thinking what would be a great funtion for a keyboardist that uses rootless/nonstandard/ and two handed vocings would be a looping function. You coulld play through the tune or section one time in auto-accompaniment mode and set the loop. Then you could be free to use both hand as you wish:)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#325255 - 05/29/11 08:12 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: montunoman
I started thinking what would be a great funtion for a keyboardist that uses rootless/nonstandard/ and two handed vocings would be a looping function. You coulld play through the tune or section one time in auto-accompaniment mode and set the loop. Then you could be free to use both hand as you wish:)

Isn't that considered faking in a way, ?

Edited by Dnj (05/29/11 08:19 AM)

#325256 - 05/29/11 08:16 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: montunoman]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

Enter the " Chord Sequencer" clap

The Korg PA3X is the only new arranger keyboard which includes this terrific feature. cool

#325257 - 05/29/11 08:18 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee

Enter the " Chord Sequencer" clap

The Korg PA3X is the only new arranger keyboard which includes this terrific feature. cool

Scott I still don't buy that feature.....someone please convince me that this CS sounds good. I had it on my G1000 and NEVER used it ....jury's out until I hear its uses favorably while playing live styles witjout a glitch.

#325260 - 05/29/11 08:39 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
There's nothing complicated about the on the fly triggered chord sequncer feature.
At any time while playing live in auto accomp mode, you can enable the chord seq to begin rec the chords recognized by the Kb's auto accomp engine, and then when you press a button to stop recording, the auto accomp simply loops continously on the chord progression recorded. This then frees up our ability to play the entire keboard any way we want without having to play a restricted set of notes to satisfy the rigid chord recogition of an arranger's limited chorf recognition table. There's no cheating involved. in fact quite the contrary as it allows a pro keyboard player to fully maximize their playing potential and pianistic possibilities. cool

I hope Yamaha and Ketron will see fit to add this feature now as well. smile

#325264 - 05/29/11 08:51 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
There's no cheating involved. in fact quite the contrary as it allows a pro keyboard player to fully maximize their playing potential and pianistic possibilities. cool

I hope Yamaha and Ketron will see fit to add this feature now as well. smile

I agree. It would be nice to see it appear on the next generation of these arrangers.

My first experience with the Chord Sequencer was on a Roland E-70, was back in the day, and I thought it was pretty handy.

Mind you, I can live without it, but I can live without lobster too...but it is nice to have it on the menu.

Ian

#325267 - 05/29/11 08:58 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

When I hear someone play it I Might change my mind...but up till now.....I'm not a fan at all. Fix the MFD to save all REGISTRATION information including Transpose would be a better option & utilize the whole display area increasing its size.

#325274 - 05/29/11 09:24 AM Re: What Don't you like about Tyros 4? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm sure one of the many new Korg PA3X owners would be more than glad to show you how the Chord Sequencer works, Donny.

I have sent your recommendations to Yamaha already, so, let's hope you get what you want in a future Tyros or PSR.

Ian

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online