SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#324906 - 05/25/11 07:27 AM How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!!
leezone Offline

i'm not a big fan of all these incremental updates.

i have a feeling i know why some are have problems and others aren't with this update

i mean is EVERYONE, on exactly the same OS BEFORE install?
some had the old pen update, others didn't, some are on initial OS 1.0, or 2.0, 3.0, etc.

i doubt this tiny 4.2a, updates ALL AUDYAS with different OS's exactly the same.
does 4.2a really take into account which OS is previously installed?
nd does it install those other OS files that weren't there to begin with because perhaps it was never updated?

i think the ONLY way to do an update the RIGHT way, is to:

first save all your styles/registrations/songs/audio loops, midi, whatever is YOURS

and THEN do a FULL 4.2a update (12gb or whatever..)
where is 4.2a full update ?
it does not exist, but it should...

Everyone should start with a CLEAN hard drive, and install the entire thing via DVD's, PENS whatever,

there are just to many variables....

REFORMAT, and REINSTALL EVERYTHING... and then let's see who has bugs

I would even PAY for the Full DVD's if i had to

think about it Ketron

#324921 - 05/25/11 10:40 AM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: leezone]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hells bells Leezone thats a bit rash, the ship will sink with all the Audya going back to Italy, well the rowing boat!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#324922 - 05/25/11 10:46 AM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: leezone]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi,

thank godness I got ( for test purposes ) an Original - HD where I could make an Image from ( Version 4.1A ).

So I took the image and sent the HD back.

Then I had to open my Audya, extract the HD, plugged it via usb-connector to my PC, restored the image ( lastīs only 20 minutes wink ) and then put the HD back into the Key.

I should do this again now with 4.2A ... rolleyes

BTW: Image via "normal USB-connection PC-Audya" is not recommended, it would last nearly days ( due to USB 1.1 speed-limitation ). I got an error-message as well as an MAC-User.

But I agree: An DVD / stick or whatever backup file belongs to a key, that doesnīt work without HD. Y - Tyros works without HD, so you can use it in case of an HD-crash, but not our Audya !

#324930 - 05/25/11 12:57 PM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: leezone]
nielshs Offline

Hi

You have to install the OS 4.1b before installing the OS4.2a.

Regards Niels

#324931 - 05/25/11 01:08 PM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

but, if you TRY to install 4.2a without having 4.1b,
will it AUDYA tell you? or not?

still not a fan of these incremental updates

#324936 - 05/25/11 01:51 PM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: leezone]
nielshs Offline

I don't know. But why should somone do that? On Ketron's homepage on the upgrade site the first black line says: This update can be loaded into the Audya with O.S 4.1B installed.
To asume that some Aydya owners don't have the 4,1b installed is nonsens.

#324948 - 05/25/11 02:28 PM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: leezone]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I tried to install 4.2A and my Audya76 does not change to "connected to USB" like it should. The computer (Win7) recognizes the USB, but the data installer says it cannot find Audya. It is like the Audya port isn't transmitting. I have tried different cables, turned both off and on several times, and pc security is allowing connection.

Frank is checking on it, but thought I would ask you power users.
Bernie

#324952 - 05/25/11 02:37 PM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: leezone]
nielshs Offline

Hi Bernie

Try to take the USB out of the Audya and put it back in the USB socket.

#324958 - 05/25/11 02:54 PM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: Bernie9]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I tried to install 4.2A and my Audya76 does not change to "connected to USB" like it should. The computer (Win7) recognizes the USB, but the data installer says it cannot find Audya. It is like the Audya port isn't transmitting. I have tried different cables, turned both off and on several times, and pc security is allowing connection.

Frank is checking on it, but thought I would ask you power users.
Bernie

Hi Bernie,

When you connect the Audya to the PC do you see an AUDYA Hard Disk Icon in "my Computer" ?
If the AUDYA Hard Disk Icon is not in "my computer", with the USB still connected to the PC, power down/power/up your Audya and check "My computer" again. (don't do the opposite,meaning shutdown you PC with the Audya connected or the PC/Windows will try to analyze the Hard Disk of the Audya.

Edited by Machetero (05/25/11 02:55 PM)

#324960 - 05/25/11 03:19 PM Re: How To Install 4.2a WITHOUT problems... EASY !!! [Re: nielshs]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions.

The Pen Drive Sound and style update from last year did not rely on 'incremental updates' and could be installed over any previous OS version, (even the very first V1 Audya's). Surely everyone made use of that update? If not they should do so as the keyboard was greatly improved. I would say if they did not update then they would not be worried about making use of V4.2 either.

The Audya utilizes streaming technology which is why it cannot operate without a Hard drive. The Audio Styles take up large amounts of disk space and these are read from the disk in real time in the same manner your computer plays MP3 or video files. Tyros still utilizes traditional midi files for styles which are tiny and can easily be stored in rom memory.

DVD restore disks are available from your distributor (or at least they should be) and can be ordered by request. Any sensible distributor will carry restored DVD's and up to date back up hard drives too.

If your Audya does not communicate with your PC or MAC then it may be set to Midi Host mode. Check:
MENU -> MIDI (F2) -> UTILITY (F4) -> USB MIDI
If it is "ON" then you will not see the Audya Hard Drive when connecting to a PC. Otherwise there is a good chance your cable is bad or your computers USB drivers are corrupt. This sometimes happens if you have removed a USB drive without using the safe removal procedure (rebooting the computer often does the trick)

Audya will connect to Windows 7 (I use it).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online