SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#324812 - 05/24/11 05:58 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Don
I have been hoping some power users would come forward that have not had any previous problems, and tell us how good it is or, at least what it does.

Part of me says " If it ain't broke--" and the other part would hate to miss out on something. I guess the answer is probably, in time.

I don't expect any syles or major improvements as I thought AJ's programs offered these. I expect Ketron to make the OS work as originally promised and nothing more. Anymore than this is gravy.

#324813 - 05/24/11 06:08 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Because the issue involving third party styles (if read then as corrupted after you try to modify them) and styles from SD1 or Midjay, I took out 4.2a and re-installed 4.1b.
Take in account that this 4.2a release only involve "bugs fixes", but because poor testing is creating new ones. The new styles and sounds will be added with the Pen Drive soon to be release.
I really don't care about the new styles and sounds if I can't modify what already have from other vendors, because 4.2a read them as corrupted.
I am seriously considering a Korg PA3x. I never have issues like this in my Korg PA800.
My recomendation is to wait and DON'T INSTALL 4.2a for now. Release 4.1b is the best so far.

Edited by Machetero (05/24/11 06:12 AM)

#324816 - 05/24/11 06:25 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
Machetero Offline

Fixes ?????:

From Ketron site:

New 4.2 OS :

The new OS 4.2 for Audya Series, in addition to the fixing of several bugs, includes also some signifiant improvements on :

- Clock Midi synchronization.
- Reverb, Phaser and Flanger algorithms .
- Quantize on Edit Style.
- Vocalizer with ABCD on Styles.
- Midi functioning from Midi Accordion
- Transposition with MP3 & Style.
- Registration with User Audio Drums, 2nd Voice, Search.
- Control curves on Expression Pedal.
- Various : reset with Exit + User 5/10 ( Audya 4 ), symbol O on new Styles, User Live Guitar and Ins enabled at power on, added functions to - - Footswitch, automatic Midi mode for Vocal on Midi files, loading MSP and INS, Bass Sustain and others.

New Styles, sounds and drums set will be include in Pen Drive soon to be on sale.

Release 4.2a maybe fixing some bugs, but is introducing new ones.

#324822 - 05/24/11 08:00 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Machetero, that is very good information. Thank you! I think I'll wait for the pen drive.

Don P

#324824 - 05/24/11 08:10 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
Machetero Offline

Additional information from Ketron about release 4.2a (but only available if using the Pen Drive upgrade):

New DRUM SETS

- New redesign for Acoustic and Electro Drum Kits, featuring better sound enhancement and balance. Improved responce both on Midi files and on traditional Styles using Midi Drum Sets-

New STYLES

A powerful Library of new Styles which sets the Audya Arranger to its higher standard.
45 New Audio Drum files covering the most used Drum Patterns required for international and evergreen music, from Ballad to Swing, from Shuffle to Latin. A rich selection provided also for the typical repertoire such as Dance Floor and Ballroom, with smooth ambiences on Fox, Slow, Beguine and classic dancing Styles, even with some specialized patterns for the authentic Italian Folk ( Liscio ).

SMOOTH BIG BAND LATIN BEGUINE
70’s DISCODANCE SWING TIME
JAM HOUSE FUSION SAMBA
GYPSY MOOD ENGLISH WALZ
ROMANTIC SLOW 8 BEAT BRUSH
12-8 FOLK SOFT SWING
BASIC 16 BEAT CLASSIC BEGUINE
UK BALLAD MODERN BEGUINE
70’s BALLAD TANGO
SOUL BEAT TARANTELLA
MODERN BIG BAND POLKA
POP CHA CHA MAZURCA
EURO CHA WALZER
CTRY 8BEAT COUNTRY FOX
DANCING FOX SLOW WALZER
ITALPOP MILONGA
ORGAN BEBOP PASODOBLE
JAZZ MUSETTE PARTY POLKA
SHUFFLE 60’s DANCEQUITO
PARTY SHUFFLE
BAJON
ITALCUMBIA 1 PORTUGUESE MARCH
ITALCUMBIA 2 RUMBA TRADITIONAL

New USER LIVE GUITARS

BEGUINE
WALZER
POLKA
MAZURCA
FOX
TWIST
TARANTELLA
SLOW VALZER 2 & 3

XD LIBRARY Styles

The best tradition of KETRON Dancing Styles from the XD Series Library, properly re-adapted and optimized for Audya Series.

BACHATA MODERATO
BAILAR MUSETTE ( R )
BASIC ROCK NEW BOLERO
BEGUINE PASO DOBLE 3-4
CHA CHA PEREZ MAMBO
CUMBIA POLKA
CUMBION QUADRIGLIA
DISCO CHA SAMBA
FOX DIXIE SLOW WALTZ
FOX TROT SLOW ROCK
FR. MUSETTE TANGO
HABANERA TARANTELLA
HULLY GULLY TROPICAL
ITALMAMBO WALTZ
LATIN JAZZ MAZURCA
MILONGA MEDIUM FOX

New SOUNDS ( .INS )

BASS&GUIT*
ITALSTRAT *

KONTRABASS
JAZZ BASS
ACCORDION
FLAMENCO GUITAR

* Autoload at Power On.

Edited by Machetero (05/24/11 08:11 AM)

#324826 - 05/24/11 08:33 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
leezone Offline

my question...

will the PEN UPDATE include this 4.2a?
or must we update 2x? first this 4.2a, then the PEN?

i wish they would give us more details on these updates...
what it is, who it's for (who needs to update), what it fixes, what's new in it, etc...

#324831 - 05/24/11 10:04 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
That is what Ketron on their homepage is listing for 4.2a

NEW UPDATE 4.2a

1.Remarkable Improvement on Midi Clock send external Sync.
2.The present Play List is now annulled as soon a .mid, .wav or .mp3 is saved.
3.Whenever a Single or Block Registration is loaded, a Program Change is sent.
4.From this version on it will be no longer necessary to manually deactivate the Mp3 Transposer to avoid that while changing the Tempo of the Style being executed the pitch is modified. From now on the instrument does everything automatically.
5.During the Swell to Right the General Volume value that was active when this function was selected, remains in the memory.
6.The Footswitch was enriched with the following controls: Back/Forward Tab, Enter, File Up/Down, Sub Reg. Up/Down as well as all Tabs from F1 to F10.
7.New Reverb, Phaser and Flanger effects.
8.The Global Search now works correctly in the Registration area.
9.The User Audio Drums in the Registration can now be handled correctly.
10. For Vocalizer to Arranger the OFF value can be set.
11. The Expression Pedal curve was optimized.
12. In the Pattern Edit Menu the Quantize as well as the Pitch and
Modulation controls were improved.
13. The following functions were optimized: Registration, 2nd Voice, Separate
Outputs, Karaoke, Ins, Msp, Footswitch and many more.
14. The Audya 4 can be reset by pressing the Exit+User5/10 keys at the same
time.

If you go to the download page for the new version, there is on the left top "News", and there it is hidden.

Unfortunately it nothing says about the new bugs (which are probably also about 10) wink

Joe

#324833 - 05/24/11 10:21 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
leezone Offline

i'm more interested in the PEN Update.

AJ, any idea when this will be out?

i'm VERY curious to hear that Portuguese March :-)

#324838 - 05/24/11 11:10 AM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
Machetero Offline

Look like that the same person(s) that program the new OS releases are the same ones designing the web pages at the Ketron site.

#324843 - 05/24/11 12:07 PM Re: Dear Friends update version is available NOWWWW [Re: shay_el]
leezone Offline

Machetero got jokes.. lol

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online