SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#324308 - 05/17/11 06:04 AM Men behaving badly, I don't get it...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
In the last 48 hours we've learned of two high profile examples of powerful, wealthy men behaving horribly. I simply don't get it.

Read more here... Reasonable Conversation Blog

Edited by Bill in Dayton (05/17/11 06:04 AM)

#324574 - 05/20/11 01:37 PM Re: Men behaving badly, I don't get it... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Tonewheeldude Offline

in the first case, a love of money is indeed the root of evil. in the case of other..erm..indiscretions...looking at something for too long makes one desire it. Doesn't matter if its a keyboard, a car, or a houselhold employee!

#324791 - 05/23/11 07:46 PM Re: Men behaving badly, I don't get it... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm with you Bill...I don't get it!

They have (had) almost everything.

Maybe that's the problem...

BTW...the Blog site looks great. It seems fresh and new, am I correct?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324797 - 05/23/11 08:35 PM Re: Men behaving badly, I don't get it... [Re: lahawk]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Thanks Larry...

Basically what I started with, I calmed the background image down and a friend came up with the logo for me. I'm stunned how much traffic the site has got. I mean, I didn't know what to expect as far as other people taking the time to read what I write about things. Its very rewarding.

#324890 - 05/24/11 08:13 PM Re: Men behaving badly, I don't get it... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
IMO, Your blog is successful, because it's difficult to figure out your Political View. I suspect you lean Left, but the fact that I'm not 100% sure means you're writing how you feel about a topic... without partisanship.

And That's A Good Thing [although we do need more Progressive Voices]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#324901 - 05/25/11 04:39 AM Re: Men behaving badly, I don't get it... [Re: lahawk]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
IMO, Your blog is successful, because it's difficult to figure out your Political View. I suspect you lean Left, but the fact that I'm not 100% sure means you're writing how you feel about a topic... without partisanship.

Thank you, Larry. I've tried to present interesting articles with a solid argument behind them and as little political rhetoric as possible. There will be times I criticize President Obama and the Democrats, just as there will be time I praise Conservatives.

Yes, I lean left but I have some social Libertarian elements involved as well. (I think the Government shouldn't have anything to do with marriage, for example...)

I'll repost the blog post I did early on about a survey that everyone can take to find out where they wind up on the political spectrum. Its not exact, of course, but it got me pretty close, I think.

Edited by Bill in Dayton (05/25/11 04:42 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online