#324150 - 05/14/11 10:52 AM Re: Like a good cigar? [Re: Jerry T]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Cigars - yuk.

#324151 - 05/14/11 11:09 AM Re: Like a good cigar? [Re: Jerry T]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Merle Haggard: "This ol smoke-filled bar is something' I ain't used to . . ."

No more for me. I played at a covered patio last night where smoking is allowed. There was maybe one person who smoked all night, and I could smell it clear across the patio.
Most of us are lucky we still have lungs after all those years of playing in that stuff.
DonM

#324152 - 05/14/11 12:00 PM Re: Like a good cigar? [Re: Jerry T]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
We used to think it was normal doing smoky bars...and there always the romantic illusion and mystery of the smoky after hours nightclub.

I've played some pretty rough and seedy and smoky places in my musical journey.

One night, while loading in my keyboard, the doorman at a particularly rough joint, stopped me at the door and asked if I was carrying a weapon.

I said I wasn't.

He reached in his pocket, handed me a switchblade, and said, "This will have to do till you get something better."

Man, I don't miss those old days...especially the smoke.

Ian

#324159 - 05/14/11 01:52 PM Re: Like a good cigar? [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
rotfl That's a great tune by Brad Paisley ... one I hadn't heard before ... laugh ... thnx Donny ...

I had smoked cigarettes from the time I was 15 until I was 30 - gave them up in 1971 ... cigarette smoke - especially certain brands - bothers me, but a number of years ago I started smoking cigars - pretty much only on the golf course or when I am mowing the lawn ...
Coincidently, the cigar shop I purchase from had a 'cigar night' last night ... could have cut the smoke with that switchblade ... when I got home, the clothes came off in the garage, and I headed straight to the shower ... smile

BTW ... even when I smoked cigs, I never understood smoking while eating ?!? ...

Edited by tony mads usa (05/14/11 02:03 PM)

#324164 - 05/14/11 02:29 PM Re: Like a good cigar? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
rotfl That's a great tune by Brad Paisley ... one I hadn't heard before ... laugh ... thnx Donny ...

I had smoked cigarettes from the time I was 15 until I was 30 - gave them up in 1971 ... cigarette smoke - especially certain brands - bothers me, but a number of years ago I started smoking cigars - pretty much only on the golf course or when I am mowing the lawn ...
Coincidently, the cigar shop I purchase from had a 'cigar night' last night ... could have cut the smoke with that switchblade ... when I got home, the clothes came off in the garage, and I headed straight to the shower ... smile

BTW ... even when I smoked cigs, I never understood smoking while eating ?!? ...

why? I see people drink hard liquor when they eat YUK! surprised I don't drink or smoke.

Edited by Dnj (05/14/11 02:32 PM)

#324196 - 05/14/11 08:07 PM Re: Like a good cigar? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
\
why? I see people drink hard liquor when they eat YUK! surprised I don't drink or smoke.

Personally, I think there is a BIG difference between smoking or drinking while eating ...

And Donny, not even a little glass of Chianti with a nice dish of pasta ??? ...

#324197 - 05/14/11 08:12 PM Re: Like a good cigar? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Dnj
\

Personally, I think there is a BIG difference between smoking or drinking while eating ...

And Donny, not even a little glass of Chianti with a nice dish of pasta ??? ...

T, I said hard liquor................. nothing like some Foie Gras and down it with some JW Black straight up...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online