SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#324176 - 05/14/11 04:08 PM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: tassiespirit]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
There is a Kn7000 on EBay. It has 24 hours 8 min. and 16 seconds to go. It is located in Media, PA USA.

The price so far, $2,000.

John C.

#324227 - 05/15/11 04:27 AM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: RMepstead]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Wrong 'Roger', Roger !!

Is that a Roger ??

This 'Roger' is a Wodger Wabbit who lives on the banks of the River Trent in Nottingham.

Here is a picture of me trying to catch him last Easter, when I needed an Easter Bunny ....

Keep smiling !!

John

#324257 - 05/15/11 06:22 PM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: bruno123]
bruno123 Offline

I did a search in EBay and found another Kn7000. It was listed as SX-KN7000 SX-KN7000. Prive, $2,000
Location; Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA.
One day – 3 hours left to bid.

John C.

#324335 - 05/17/11 02:32 PM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: Tony Deaf]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Last Friday I did my annual WW2 Reunion gig and because my T4 is still very unpredictable, I took the KN7000 and connected it to the new 'QTX Sound System' (recently bought from the OKC Music Festival and it's first public performance). The KN7000 was a pleasure to play and the QTX really complemented the KN7 to such an extent that this year's event was voted as "the best yet"

For me, that says it all!

Audrey

#324385 - 05/18/11 08:17 AM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: Audrey Turner]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOHN C..... Have you purchased that listed 7K? Do you now have 2 7K's?

AUDREY.... That is great that your performance was voted "best yet"... It is always wonderful to receive applause in every form! It amazes me when I read/hear that additional sound systems provide a greater experience with the 7K. I have only added a sub-woofer to mine and sometimes it is too much. I turn it off more than on...

I do know that when the venue changes, the sound quality is very different. The accustics at my home and at the gig make it necessary to constantly make changes....and of course the number of people in the room also make a difference.

There is just no sameness to the situation at all! It seems to me that no matter the additional sound system, the continuity of sound is always changing!

Comments anyone?

Elizabeth

#324533 - 05/19/11 05:45 PM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: etwo4788]
bruno123 Offline

Elizabeth,
You’re good, and so right about conditions always changing.

No, I did not buy a second Kn7, I thought if – (Heaven forbid) – my Kn7 broke down I would come and borrow yours. (Grin)

Really enjoying music, John C

#324611 - 05/21/11 12:07 AM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: Tony Deaf]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Elizabeth,

Yes! you're right about venue accoustics. I try to arrive early and then, when all is setup, I play a 'pre recorded' song. If any changes are needed, the Reverb section is the first place I go to. This is usually all that is needed.

However, I cannot take all the credit for the 'best ever' night, because of course, there are other people involved in this annual event without whom, it would never happen, but thank you for your compliment anyway.

The only reason I changed from the Yamaha PAS 300 (now for sale) to the QTX Sound System, is because it is completely portable with 'pull up' handle and wheels (similar to a travel suitcase). Both my husband and myself are now of a very senior age and need all the help we can get with transporting the gear. I'm not going to tell you how old, but in England we have a saying which goes like this:- "I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth" ha! ha!

Audrey

#324621 - 05/21/11 04:54 AM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: Audrey Turner]
bruno123 Offline

Elizabeth, Audrey,
Have either of you ever tried the Bose Compact Amplifier? I have been using mine for 9 months and I am still amazed. Soooo, easy to carry and it shows no sign of distortion; and clear as a bell. Elizabeth, what sound system are you using? (And I have not forgotten what I was going to send you)

Audrey, I remember using the same type of sound check; Have my keyboard playing while a walked around the room, great. As far as the “Best Night ever”, the other people I think about is the people who have come to enjoy the event. Having the right people present is a must for a great night. Years ago I was booked to play a 4 hour job, by the end of the third there were no dancers. I played every winner song that I knew and no dancers. OUCH.

In the last 20 minutes two couples got up to dance to a fast song – they did a box step???
This was a religious group that did not favor dancing. And --- they never approached the bar for a drink. So we do need a good group of people who will appreciate what we do.

John C.

#324706 - 05/22/11 09:02 AM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: Tony Deaf]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
John & Audrey... The only gig I have is a NH where almost all the people are in wheelchairs. They do a lot of sleeping while I play. My 2nd 7K is stored there and set up ready to play when I arrive. All I have to carry is the SD card and my music!

The accustics in the dining room are deplorable, to say the least. The 5 speakers built into the 7K are all that I use. It seems to me that any additional speakers could only make the challenge of balancing the sound even greater than already exists! At home even the sub-woofer is more than needed.

Lunch is served during the music. The sounds of the servers talking, the clang of dishes and carts....lots of real noise! It is difficult to even hear the music I am playing!

My joy are the handful of residents who tell me how much they enjoy the music and how much they love me too! I have been doing this weekly gig for around 7 to 10 years. Many have left the NH, many are new residents. I have seen them move from canes and walkers to wheel chairs and then I don't see them anymore.

Audrey, thanks for mentioning the Reverb as a place to go when the sound needs some adjustment. Working with the sound in my Motor Home is so very different...lots of sound absorbing items that allow for greater volume than is possible at the NH! The great Spring weather, with windows, door & roof vents open, I can turn up the sound so my neighbors can hear! (They tell me they like it). It really is frustrating to work with the sound at home where the results are great, then they are not so great at the NH! Getting there early does not help, the room is always accustically awful!

John...I have not forgotten our agreement to share either! I still hold out hope that it will happen! As for loaning you my 2nd 7K....don't hold your breath! However, I will let you play either/both of them while you are visiting!

If anyone has additional suggestions, I would love to know!

Elizabeth

#324709 - 05/22/11 10:46 AM Re: KN7000 - Scarcity [Re: etwo4788]
bruno123 Offline

E l i z a b e t h, Great!!!!
I also have a woman who goes to sleep when we start playing; the only difference is that she used to play piano and although she is asleep both of her hands are moving in piano fashion. Not too long ago I was paid between $275 and $575 for a 2 or 3 hour job. It is now between $80 and $175 for an hour job. This seems fair because paying a use-to-have-it guy with far less energy -- so the pay seem right.
Thank God that my finances are pretty well in order; that leaves me with just the joy of the job. I must add that I found a different part of me playing at these NH. I started with approx. 15 people in the piano room. I am now up to 65 people. It is not very hard to love these people – they so appreciate what we do for them. I’m guessing that at times it is the only thing they have to look forward to.

The information Is 92% complete --- Stay healthy and keep playing your heart out, John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online