SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32358 - 10/21/03 03:35 PM XD3 Accordion Bass Question
The Accordionist Offline

Well, I can't figure out how to get plain old bass and chords to work on the XD3 and my accordion. In other words, I would like to not use a style and have an accordion selected, say Musette for example, and I would like to play the left hand accordion basses normally - no drums, styles, etc. I would like to emulate a true accordion with the XD3.

I can't believe I haven't figured this out yet. I have been in Play Control, Left Control, the Accordion menu, etc. I have tried Manual Bass, Chord Accompaniment Off, etc. and can't get it to work.

Thanks.

Tommy

#32359 - 10/24/03 07:37 AM Re: XD3 Accordion Bass Question
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:
Well, I can't figure out how to get plain old bass and chords to work on the XD3 and my accordion. In other words, I would like to not use a style and have an accordion selected, say Musette for example, and I would like to play the left hand accordion basses normally - no drums, styles, etc. I would like to emulate a true accordion with the XD3.

I can't believe I haven't figured this out yet. I have been in Play Control, Left Control, the Accordion menu, etc. I have tried Manual Bass, Chord Accompaniment Off, etc. and can't get it to work.

Thanks.

Tommy

Hi Tommy,
I might be able to help you on this one. I have a X-4 and use it with my accordion & keyboard (piano keys on the right hand side & 120 bass on the left hand side). There's a couple of things that I had to set on the X-4. First of all, I had to go to the "Midi functions" & set the midi channels so that they correspond to my accordion (in my case they were ch1 for the right hand, ch2 for the chord & ch3 for the bass). Then I had to set the bass to "Manual" (you may also have to set the Octave). Also, I had to go to the "Arranger View" function & set the instruments & volumes for the "Lower1 & Lower2". And make sure that you use the "Midi 2 in" when connecting the midi to the accordion. Hope this helps. Have a great day!

[This message has been edited by moldmaker (edited 11-04-2003).]

#32360 - 11/04/03 07:41 PM Re: XD3 Accordion Bass Question
moldmaker Offline

Loc: Illinois
Hi Tommy,
I haven't heard from you & was wondering if the suggestions that I made helped you?
Have a good day!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:

Thanks.

Tommy

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online