SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#323524 - 05/05/11 02:14 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
jazzhooves Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Why is that all the demos i see are using BACKING groups.
IT'S AN ORGAN! So therefore, we want to see it played as such. I would buy one IF i thought it was a serious contender as a replacement for the Wersi.

I want to see it played as a ORGAN!

#323526 - 05/05/11 03:25 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I think the intent is to show all aspects of the keyboard. It is an organ, but it also does many other things, including arranger functions. See demos 17 thru 20 for organ demos.

#323533 - 05/05/11 04:18 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
In that video the 350c does not sound as good as the VK8M??

Also, I use the Dbeam on the VK8m hammond module and it's really cool for trigger the leslie on/off and the Brake.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#323535 - 05/05/11 05:56 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: Sweentech1
the AT350c will definately be able to load styles from the BK7m and any other previous Roland arranger except Prelude and GW8.

Sweentech, how do you know this? The Prelude and GW-8 have four-variation styles like the G-70/E-80 (or so I thought.) I know the G-70/E-80 have an optional "Alteration Mode" message in their style creation tools which the Prelude and GW-8 lack. But this would not explain why the AT-350C can play styles from the E-80, but not from Prelude/GW-8. Please tell us, what is it about the styles in the Prelude/GW-8 that makes them different from other recent Rolands? Thanks!

#323538 - 05/05/11 09:29 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
bigwhale Offline

Loc: vietnam
Hi John,

It is quite impressive to see your posted YouTube of your performance with bk-7m. I just got mine and am eager for exploring it. Their sounds just a bit improved compared with my VA76 Roland, but their styles are really good. I love them together with my Tyros 3.

I wonder if there are any additional styles of your new AT350C compared with BK-7m. How the styles play in your view? If it is not violated copyright, can you share with us some styles for trying. Unfortunately, it is very hard to get a Roland AT350C in my country because it is very expensive due to foreign exchange rate between our. Currency and USD.

Thanks and have a nice day!
Big whale

#323540 - 05/05/11 11:42 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Morning all!

I still have not tried this yet. I was off work yesterday so didn't get a chance, however today I really hope to explore it a bit.

Quote:
I would buy one IF i thought it was a serious contender as a replacement for the Wersi.

Forgive me Jazzhooves, as I am new around here I don't know which wersi you have. Would you let me know please?

Quote:
I use the Dbeam on the VK8m hammond module and it's really cool for trigger the leslie on/off and the Brake.

Morning kbrkr, sounds like you are getting on well with your VK8m... I'll explore options for achieving this later if I get time, and will report back.

Quote:
Sweentech, how do you know this?

Hi Ted, shesh! I am not an engineer so I don't know the ins and outs of exactly why this is the case, but when I was at the NAMM show earlier this year I met the man, from the Italian factory, responsible of the BK-7m and AT350c. He told me that this would be the case, so I am basing my report of this on what he told me. I haven't tried it out.

Quote:
If it is not violated copyright, can you share with us some styles for trying

Well bigwhale, while I know the styles are royalty free for performance purposes, actually copying them may be a different matter. Currently I don't know how to do it, but I have only just seen it switched on to date, and as I work at a dealer, I wouldn't want to sour my relationship in any way with Roland. On this basis, if you don't mind, I think I'll pass, because I just don't know if there is any kind of copyright infringement to doing that. I hope you will understand my reasons for this.

To everyone, please check out this youtube video I found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-RgcG0sdY
It is a comparison of AT900c and AT100 (lower spec'd than the at350c) whilst playing the same song. I think it stands up to comparison very very well. I'll need to try and learn this piece I think!

#323565 - 05/06/11 01:22 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
Sweentech1 Offline

Loc: Scotland, UK.
Well I got some time on it today, sat with the manual, tried a bit of Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet on it, and it was fabulous. It will take a little getting used to for me, no doubt, as I have never seen one before. I certainly like the sounds. They drawbars are fairly easy, but I can't see a way to assign the Rotary change and brake to the dbeam yet! However Rotary change can definately be assigned to a pedal. The supernatural tones are really nice. This instrument has more variety of them than any other instrument I have tried to date, so it was good to try them.

It sounds quite different to the BK7m on first play, so I'll need to see how I go. I still don't have a pedalboard for it, but maybe soon!

#323566 - 05/06/11 01:30 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
Dnj Offline

Very nice quality sounding demos...Thank you I really enjoyed listening to them. KORG should take a lesson from these for their PA3x pro demos....
I can see Roland selling many of these AT350c units also....

HP

#323568 - 05/06/11 01:59 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
John, perhaps you can answer since you have the instrument.

These two demos feature saxophone voices...are they SuperNatural sounds, GS, or simply basic panel voices?

#323569 - 05/06/11 02:18 PM Re: Roland AT350c has landed [Re: Sweentech1]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ian, stop trying to sucker punch Roland smile

They are the standard one touch settings..the same you will find on the low E-50...so you can't slam the sax sound and compare to the Yamaha best sax patch..There are many decent saxes in the Roland group(easily selectable and playable)...As for the Super Natural group I am not sure the sax is in the Brass card...but there are Super Natural Saxes on the new Jupiter-80..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online