SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32337 - 03/28/05 07:53 AM Ketron XD9
Force Offline

Loc: chesapeake, VA, USA
I'm looking for a keyboard to use for one-man-band type of setup. I plan to play at dances, parties, and clubs that want a more "full band" sound than my current solo thing.

I think I've narrowed things down to eithe the Ketron XD9 or the Yamaha PSR 3000 since both seem to be very nice and are in my general price range. Does anyone here have any advice on the Ketron? I played it the other day and really liked it. The action is better than the PSR and i think the voices are MUCH better. It's a new name to me though and I'm looking for a little advice.

Thanks!!

F

#32338 - 03/30/05 09:26 AM Re: Ketron XD9
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Force:

If you can compare them back to back that would be great, now, thi sis important, both are terific choices, make sure that you have support either from user clubs ( most likely) I am talking about styles, here, Yamaha has the adge, not because there are lots more, also because you will be limited by the XD 9 memory, that you may have to pay for an expantion (2 meg) board, that also can get fill very quickly because the Ketron styles are much bigger, and that is not necesarly better. Remember, you still have the following :
KETRON XD 9 64 note Poly
Yamaha PSR3000 128 " "

XD 9 Optional Hard drive, vocalist, video
3000 With SMcard/thumb drive... no need and all other options are built in....and because of internal design besides reading styles from 1.5 meg memory, actually, the 3000 reads them directly form either Smart media card or flsh/thumb drive.
Also, learning curve, here the Yamaha wins....much easier to use than the XD9. I did use, until a month ago Ketron SD1, X1 Keyboards for the last 6 years, and now I went back to the Yamaha, as professional keyboardist, the Ketron had some polifony issues if you are playing live, as midi player, ( I did not use this)...is Great!, probably the best midi playback.
Hope it helps you....

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online