SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#323077 - 04/28/11 06:15 AM AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
The Ketron forum is heating up again with all the talk about the up coming upgrades.

It's nice to see and read the comments about the improvements, new styles, new Drum & Guitar arrangements etc.

However, I'm curious why nothing has been mentioned about the CPU??? Especially with AJ's OS and Hardware upgrades.

Lots of new stuff, but same old Processor?

Has anyone else given this some thought?

Most of us computer geeks know the CPU is the most vital and important component in any Computer.

It would be nice to hear from AJ on this.

My Audya has been performing Glitch Free now for the past six or seven months. I'm almost afraid to do the upgrades for fear of stirring up problems again.

NiteLife

#323107 - 04/28/11 01:34 PM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: NiteLife]
leezone Offline

NiteLife

If It Aint Broke
Don't Fix It !!!

#323127 - 04/28/11 05:55 PM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: NiteLife]
shay_el Offline

There are still too many problems and bugs hope to fix all of this update version
It difficult to believe the company KETRON

#323128 - 04/28/11 06:16 PM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: shay_el]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
The only software with out bugs, is the one no release yet.
I bet any body in this forum, that the next release from Ketron is going to have bugs. The same go for Korg, Yamaha or Roland Keyboards OS releases.

#323143 - 04/29/11 12:04 AM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: NiteLife]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hi my friends!!!
So....
I am working every day with the new software of Ketron for Audya (4.2a beta) and it is sure exceptionally constant, and I don't located some bugs....
I am working 3-month with this software.....
I think is very good and my AUDYA_76 working very constant ......
However my opinion is that Ketron should seek new form of Software and Harware (CPU, MEMORY, etc) in any next new products....
I believe that absolutely essential to becomes this.....

#323169 - 04/29/11 08:30 AM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: NiteLife]
leezone Offline

Sokratis,

do you have or are you testing AJ's AJAM's update also?

#323179 - 04/29/11 10:35 AM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: Machetero]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Machetero
The only software with out bugs, is the one no release yet.
I bet any body in this forum, that the next release from Ketron is going to have bugs. The same go for Korg, Yamaha or Roland Keyboards OS releases.

What about the Wersi Wing & the MS do you think they will have bugs, there not much left to choose from Machetero.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#323198 - 04/29/11 09:27 PM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: NiteLife]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: NiteLife
I'm curious why nothing has been mentioned about the CPU??? Especially with AJ's OS and Hardware upgrades.

Most of us computer geeks know the CPU is the most vital and important component in any Computer.

My Audya has been performing Glitch Free now for the past six or seven months. I'm almost afraid to do the upgrades for fear of stirring up problems again.

NiteLife

Well changing the CPU won't most likely fix any bugs, just make it handle things a little smoother/faster. And of course any CPU upgrade has to to be the same family with 100% backward compatibility. By the way what CPU does the Audya use?

If you have no reason to update because your keyboard is working flawlessly then you would be foolish to risk that changing. I agree with Lee ... if it aint broke ....

#323201 - 04/29/11 10:38 PM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: leezone]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: leezone
Sokratis,

do you have or are you testing AJ's AJAM's update also?

No....I testing only from Ketron Italy....

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (04/29/11 10:39 PM)

#323203 - 04/29/11 11:54 PM Re: AUDYA UPDATES / AJ'S & KETRONS [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: NiteLife
I'm curious why nothing has been mentioned about the CPU??? Especially with AJ's OS and Hardware upgrades.

NiteLife

Well changing the CPU won't most likely fix any bugs, just make it handle things a little smoother/faster. And of course any CPU upgrade has to to be the same family with 100% backward compatibility. By the way what CPU does the Audya use?

If you have no reason to update because your keyboard is working flawlessly then you would be foolish to risk that changing. I agree with Lee ... if it aint broke ....

Nigel,

No point in talking about changing the CPU in the Audya it's soldered in, you need to change the whole MB.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online