SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#323144 - 04/29/11 12:24 AM Re: o/t Musician arrested for singing Kung Fu Fighting [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom Cavanaugh
He should be arrested just because it's a sappy song. as should anybody singing a John Denver tune. wink

Tom

You gotta be kidding me. You're slamming John Denver on SZ in the same sentence as "sappy?" That is the ultimate in irony. That man was a fabulous singer-songwriter, as self-made as they come. He wrote the majority of the songs on his albums. How many people can take a guitar, a voice, their own songwriting prowess, their own initiative and make a career? Not many. How many can build a following of millions based on a positive, uplifting outlook and ideals? Wanna know more? I doubt it, but here ya go...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Denver

#323146 - 04/29/11 01:03 AM Re: o/t Musician arrested for singing Kung Fu Fighting [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The article ends up saying he had done nothing wrong and was not arrested, but police were just responding to a report they had received.

#323150 - 04/29/11 03:57 AM Re: o/t Musician arrested for singing Kung Fu Fighting [Re: Dnj]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Bill,
It was a joke. I do however put him in the same catagory as Barry Manilow who is also a great singer songwriter musician.

Tom

Tom

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online