SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#322994 - 04/27/11 08:53 AM Man these Nord Electros Sound Great !!
Dnj Offline

#322995 - 04/27/11 09:12 AM Re: Man these Nord Electros Sound Great !! [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
My old Electro is the "go to" keyboard for most of my sideman jobs, especially if I don't know what I've gotten myself into.

Great, lightweight stuff! Whatever the gig, you can handle it with the old Electro. The new one sounds even better. I wouldn't have any use for the additional organ sounds from the C-3, though.

Russ

#322998 - 04/27/11 09:25 AM Re: Man these Nord Electros Sound Great !! [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Nord 3 vs Nord 3 HP

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/nord%20electro%203/Electro3vsElectro3HP.pdf

New updates from Nord Stage2

" The upcoming OS 1.20 update for the Nord Stage 2 adds a HOLD-mode for the Arpeggiator and offers extended control over pedals when layering multiple parts or sections. The OS update also contains several bugfixes and is recommended for all Nord Stage 2 units."

Edited by Dnj (04/27/11 09:27 AM)

#322999 - 04/27/11 09:32 AM Re: Man these Nord Electros Sound Great !! [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great instruments, and absolutely "must have" features.

The organ and rotary are killer, and the Rhodes and Wurlies are top notch.

My only gripe, is that the 73 note model only goes to a low "F" instead of the low"E" (bottom note on bass guitar), so left hand bass is not as convenient as I'd like it.

I notice he was using a Roland pedal (the one with the heel flap) for rotary speed...I use one too, one of Roland's coolest ideas for sure.

Nord make great stuff. Thanks Donny.

Ian

#323001 - 04/27/11 09:38 AM Re: Man these Nord Electros Sound Great !! [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Great instruments, and absolutely "must have" features.

The organ and rotary are killer, and the Rhodes and Wurlies are top notch.

My only gripe, is that the 73 note model only goes to a low "F" instead of the low"E" (bottom note on bass guitar), so left hand bass is not as convenient as I'd like it.

I notice he was using a Roland pedal (the one with the heel flap) for rotary speed...I use one too, one of Roland's coolest ideas for sure.

Nord make great stuff. Thanks Donny.

Ian

I agree ...but give me a Leslie Switch next to my keys any day vs a pedal....the hand is faster then the foot always!
Sustain is another ball of wax.

Edited by Dnj (04/27/11 09:41 AM)

#323027 - 04/27/11 01:22 PM Re: Man these Nord Electros Sound Great !! [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
...but give me a Leslie Switch next to my keys any day vs a pedal....

For once, I agree (with Donny smile ). I used a Roland DP-2 velcroed to the side of my Beheringer Expression pedal for leslie control when I played without pedals and the left side switch on the PK7a when playing with pedals. I never really got used to either (or the built-in leslie switch) and finally broke down and bought the optional half-moon switch. Now I'm finally happy.

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online