SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#322838 - 04/26/11 01:47 AM Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi

I know some of you got this tiny usb flash drive over a year ago. I have a student who just got a S910 and thought this would be the best way to go.

I see that they now have listed a 16GB size. I don't remember that size being available when this subject first came up. What sizes GB did you guys end up getting? I'm wondering if the 16GB model is the same size as the other models or if it is bigger in size and perhaps protrudes more than desired.

I see it only goes up to Windows Vista. What do you think about that issue?

http://usb.brando.com/eagletec-usb-nano-flash-drive_p00892c041d15.html

I see they also have a new version that supports Windows 7. It appears to be the same size. The 16GB are temorarily out of stock. I imagine a 4 or 8GB should be more than plenty.

http://usb.brando.com/buffalo-usb-nano-flash-drive_p1919c41d15.html

I suppose it would be best to get the new Buffalo version.

Here's the original thread for those that missed out on this topic.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._pro#Post278641

I had talked with Randy Sherwood after he got his and he said it was great.

For those that got one, which one did you get and what are your thoughts on it.

Thanx
Scott

Edited by Scott Langholff (04/26/11 02:25 AM)

#322839 - 04/26/11 03:08 AM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: Scott Langholff]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Apparently they are all 5 mm. I see the 16GB was initially going to sell for $135 vs the $57 now. I guess it depends where they were made and where the distributor was located. It mentions it was going to be out of Japan on this site. I think they actually come from Hong Kong now.

http://www.eclecticelectronics.net/news/...d-easy-to-lose/

#322842 - 04/26/11 05:10 AM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: Scott Langholff]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Scott - I couldn't be happier w/this drive! It's sooo small and unobtrusive. It's so tiny that I have a lanyard hanging on it to keep me from losing it when I detach it. I got the 4GB version and it is just fantastic. Very durable construction and sticks out maybe 1/4" from the USB port - doesn't even clear the lip on the back of the S910.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#322843 - 04/26/11 05:21 AM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: Scott Langholff]
Dnj Offline

Works great I love mine... get it!

#322850 - 04/26/11 06:21 AM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: Scott Langholff]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quite small, yet perfect size especially for boards with the usb port in the back. I'm in for the 4GB Buffalo brand.

I'm not sure if the S910 or any other arranger is capabale of reading a 16GB Flash drive, maybe someone could verify?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#322853 - 04/26/11 07:52 AM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: lahawk]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: lahawk
Quite small, yet perfect size especially for boards with the usb port in the back. I'm in for the 4GB Buffalo brand.

I'm not sure if the S910 or any other arranger is capabale of reading a 16GB Flash drive, maybe someone could verify?

Larry, I use an Eagletech 8gig with the Roland Prelude...I am pretty sure the Prelude would read the 16 gig too, but the Prelude is limited to 999 songs..If they were all wave files it would use the extended size, but normally with MP3 and SMF's...8 is enough smile

#322861 - 04/26/11 09:17 AM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I use the 4-gig Eagle brand, which is far more space than I'll ever need. And, as Larry stated, it fits nicely within the keyboard's recessed area, which makes it almost like having a built-in HD in my PSR-3000.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#322863 - 04/26/11 09:26 AM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I use the 4-gig Eagle brand, which is far more space than I'll ever need. And, as Larry stated, it fits nicely within the keyboard's recessed area, which makes it almost like having a built-in HD in my PSR-3000.

Cheers,

Gary cool

+1

#322881 - 04/26/11 11:47 AM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: Scott Langholff]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's ironic that I just ran one of mine through the washing machine. Haven't tried it yet. I guess I should let it dry out first.
I had left it in my shirt pocket, without the cover on it, just to be sure it got completely clean I guess.
DonM

#322883 - 04/26/11 12:28 PM Re: Questions on EagleTec USB Nano Flash Drive [Re: Scott Langholff]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I dried it with the hair dryer, inserted into computer. At first it wouldn't recognize it, but I kept trying different slots and finally the computer read it. I copied all the files into a folder on the PC, but I think they were already on there in various places.
They were backups to Midjay, Audya, E50 and E80 plus library of styles, lyrics, midi files and MP3s.
I'll let the drive alone for a couple of days and try it again.
Anyway, nothing of value was lost and it seems the drive may not have been damaged.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online