SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#322548 - 04/22/11 02:04 PM Two new Yamaha Premium Styles
Beakybird Offline

As Yamaha PK Owner is folding, I thought I would announce that Yamaha has two new Premium Styles: Reggae Jam http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/en/instru...53?currency=USD and
Hip Bugaloo http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/en/instru...1?currency=USD.

I purchased T4 versions of these styles, and they sound great on the S910. You just have to revoice the piano because it defaults to the midi grand piano. On the bugaloo style you have to revoice two OTSs. These styles will probably sound even better on the T3 or T4 as well as on the successor to the S910.

#322558 - 04/22/11 03:50 PM Re: Two new Yamaha Premium Styles [Re: Beakybird]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I like the reggae. The bugaloo doesn't sound like a bugaloo to me. It's not bad though... Do you have any tunes in mind for these styles?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#322590 - 04/22/11 09:30 PM Re: Two new Yamaha Premium Styles [Re: Beakybird]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Thanks Beaky....Keep the updates coming.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#322598 - 04/23/11 03:37 AM Re: Two new Yamaha Premium Styles [Re: kbrkr]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Beaky, thanks for posting the updates and keep them coming it's really handing as I don't always get a chance to check the site.

The ReggaeJam style is excellent, finally an excellent Reaggae style arranged as it should be!! They've listened to someone!!

Now, if Yamaha can also do the same to other music genre styles that still aren't arranged close enough to what they should sound like such as Garage, Funky House then I would be happy. For true funky house, Yamaha needs to listen to Hed Kandi and their Disco Kandi section to have an idea of what Funky House should be arranged in a style, same for Garage Yamaha should listen to Todd Edwards, the current crop on the T3 and even on the T4 still need work on them as they don't sound authentic enough.

Edited by DannyUK (04/23/11 03:43 AM)

#322610 - 04/23/11 09:15 AM Re: Two new Yamaha Premium Styles [Re: Beakybird]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi Beaky,

Among other things, the S-910 is missing some of the drum kits available on the T-3 and T-4.

That said, were the drums acceptable for these two T-4 styles on the S-910?

I'm glad the T-4 styles sound good on the S910, but I wonder how good if compared side by side?

Thanks

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#322614 - 04/23/11 10:54 AM Re: Two new Yamaha Premium Styles [Re: lahawk]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: lahawk
Hi Beaky,

Among other things, the S-910 is missing some of the drum kits available on the T-3 and T-4.

That said, were the drums acceptable for these two T-4 styles on the S-910?

I'm glad the T-4 styles sound good on the S910, but I wonder how good if compared side by side?

Thanks

I'm sure the S910 would not sound as good in a side by side using these styles. The T4 Premium styles sound as good as the Premium styles made for the S910. I was mentioning to Donny that I didn't even try purchasing the 50's Twist style because the highlight of the style is the backin vocals.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online